Recent content by darrelb

1. D

Teac Reel Deck advice needed

i have a x1000r and it runs great make sure you replace the drive belt with a FACTORY belt and a good cleaning.
  2. D

capital reel to reel tapes

i just found some capital rtr tapes on ebay and i am shocked how great these tapes sound, i had no idea these commercial tapes could sound life like the bass is great the mids and highs sound so clean and clear. of course the 7 1/2 ips sound the best but even the 3 3/4 sound decent, now its...
  3. D

Beyerdynamic DT-770 which is the best?

Beyerdynamic has a limited edition of dt770's on the way with a detachable cable and the new stellar .45 drivers, they should be out any time now. be sure to get some nice aftermarket ear cushions, i am using razer nari cool gel pads with these pads it is very easy to forget i am even wearing...
  4. D

Headphone advice

i am always impressed with beyerdynamic dt700's every time i put them on,amazon has them for about $260 a pair if you don't fall in love with them you can always send them back.
  5. D

Hk st-7 course speed and fine speed controls defective?

on both of my st7 tables i replaced the 3 speed control lights with leds, but you must use the 330 ohm resistors across the the speed control lights for those to work correctly. replace the coarse speed control trimmer with a sealed trimmer resistor, this will help archive a more stable speed...
  6. D

Harman Kardon ST-7 - The arm is not moving laterally

i have 2 st7 tables, after replacing the tracking roller with square o rings from the o ring store they work great. i used the square o ring because its a wider so i get more traction. a lot of people use the just the o ring repair and seems to work well, yours is most likely hardened and will...
  7. D

spokane washington npr record sale

the spokane wa npr record sale is fast approaching it will be on feb 17 and 18 at the center place regional event center again. i would imagine the normal business hours
  8. D

Looking for meters, visualizers, oscilloscopes, any "flashy" components

3 sets of Christmas on a color organ should do the trick for you, you could even put those on the Christmas tree next year.
  9. D

RCA Audio Cable Recommendations

my stereo is wired with all Kimber Kabel PBJ's and i think they sound detailed and open bass is a solid thump, mids and highs are so detailed. they average about $100.00 for a pair on ebay,sometimes very high sometimes lower and they are made in Ogden Utah. at least try a pair you know your...
  10. D

whats reel to reel can record 2 track and play 4 track on same machine?

the technics rs1500 will do a fine job just check the heads
  11. D

carver c2 preamp

i have a carver c2 preamp that has been recapped,is there any thing else that can be done to improve the sound of this preamp other than selling it and buying something farther up the ladder? it has 5 ne5532 opamps and 3 4136 opamps i know that opamps have come a very long way performance wise...
  12. D

speaker surround treatment

i have some bose 4 inch speakers that have had the cloth surround harden over the years,is there a treatment to soften the cloth? i am trying to soften the cloth and not refoam them.
  13. D

H/K ST-7/8 Speed Control Indicator LED Conversion

the screw size you are looking for is unf #4-48 x 1/2 inch i got mine from amazon,this will take some trial to finish after i removed the stub i screwed in the new screw until the carriage tracked correctly then i marked the top of the screw then i removed the screw and soldered a cut off allen...
  14. D

headphone cable capacitance

does anybody know if capacitance have any effect on high frequencys on headphone cables like it does on the all interconnects we all use?
  15. D

DIY Cooling Fan Question

i stumbled on the web sight site heatsink.info that shows how to build a simple temp control fan.a couple of parts can be harvested from a dead computer p/s, the thermister is the little blob of green epoxy clamped to a heat sink and the mosfet can be rescued from a heatsink. you will have to...
Back
Top Bottom