Recent content by dave b

1. dave b

What Cart are you using on you DUAL 1019?

I've found that the Shure M55-E sounds ,,LP Gear elliptical , very, very GOOD.
  2. dave b

New cart - Stanton 681EEE

the AT-540 ML is quite good!!
  3. dave b

Dual 1019 cartridge advise

I swap out a Shure M55 with a Shure M91. I think the "55 supplies a big powerful sound,,, very dynamic .
  4. dave b

Life with a Dual

I'm a Dual fan of 1019, 505,1249, and 1229Q.... love them all!! If you have them serviced by No Transistors here at Audiokarma ... the perform like new. The 1019 is a "tank",,, with Shure M55E.
  5. dave b

CD Comeback or "What we already knew"

as a side not...as the vinyl craze continues and the greed continues,the bubble will burst. the newbees will tire of the vinyl and move on to the next cool fad.... vinyl will be $2.00 again... or just reasonable like it should be. I know supply and demand etc... but a guy that has some money is...
  6. dave b

LET IT BE......which sounds best???

I know generally first pressings are the go to for sound quality. I have several versions, red apple 1970... sounds thin,I have grown accustomed to this sound, I grew up with this... the 2012 digital re- remaster, sounds sterile, LIB Naked sounds pretty good no doubt and the new 2021 re mix...
  7. dave b

JBL 4311 Rear Terminal replacement advise..... is this fairly easy?

Thank you Gordon.. I’ll call parts express tomorrow. I did see removing woofer takes great care everything is sooo nice I don’t want to mess up the aesethetics.
  8. dave b

Yes sir,4311….sorry!! I watched a video for the L100’s some pointers eases my worry,, any tips??
  9. dave b

..... just don't want to go backwards constantly juggling the red spring loaded terminal and or cut out... please advise. thanks Dave b
  10. dave b

Lets see your custom plinth

I'm not allowed sugar....,,,,,so much dammmmm eye candy! Congratulations ALL!!!!!!!!
  11. dave b

MARANTZ 2238B question

Good day all, hope all is well! Does anyone know the correct size screws for the rubber feet in the bottom of receiver,,,, I made a cabinet,,, that I’m not happy with, and for now , and when money will permit get new cabinet,, I want to reinstall little rubber feet. THANKS!!
  12. dave b

OK to buy a new old stock stylus?

you are right, LP Gear is a fantastic option!!
  13. dave b

Sade So Far Box set.....

I see December 4th now..........
  14. dave b

Sade So Far Box set.....

I've been waiting on my box set since early September, it looks like there are a lot of issues,quality related. Are these in stock ? Seems confusing, any input would be appreciated.
Back
Top Bottom