David_NC
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi....thanks for answering.
    I'd like to get some of these if you don't mind. Not sure how difficult they are to replace, but I'm pretty sure this is my problem. When a tape is playing, it gets to the end and doesn't shutoff. when the tape stops spinning. When I can get a tape to rewind, when the tape hits the end, it keeps spinning like something isn't being triggered or something to shut it off. Make any sense?
    David_NC
    David_NC
    I've found these to be really simple amps to work on. Each portion of the amp is on separate boards - power supply, phono preamp, etc. It'd likely be a good candidate, if you want to work on it, and less expensive to have repaired than other, more complex amps, I'd think..
    David_NC
    David_NC
    Otherwise, open a thread and with details of what's not working, symptoms, and so forth. If you have a need for or can use a nice, lower powered vintage amp, it might be a good one to have repaired, especially if the cosmetics are at least decent.
    mozcho
    mozcho
    Thank you for a speedy reply. I'm not capable of servicing it myself, so I might send it to a tech to do that, luckily I know a guy who is capable and he is reasonable with fees. I am also having a Mac MC2205 power amp. As i don't have a pre amp, would the 1060 works well as a pre to the 2205? I also have a turn table (vintage Rega Plannar 3), is the phono on 1060 good?
    It really bugs me too. Vinyls. Also, when they drop the letter “T” out of words and do not pronounce it. Happy Friday and weekend to you.

Maybe comments for the pet peeve thread LOL
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom