Recent content by dfunghi

1. dfunghi

Converting LP Analog to Digital...

This thread helps me understand why cassettes are making a comeback. Of course that doesn’t aid massive storage issues or transportability of libraries. As others have noted I too gave up when the time and equipment it took was unreasonable for me personally. I do however have a Tascam CDR900RW...
  2. dfunghi

analog vs digital

Not really. What my point was is that real or imagined what you hear inside your head can get crisscrossed.
  3. dfunghi

analog vs digital

I found that years after parting ways with 90% of my LPs in around 1995 or so, I began to listen less snd less to music on CD. No streaming then. I painstakingly rebuilt most of my record collection and began to increase it when vinyl was still relatively easy to find, in nice shape and...
  4. dfunghi

analog vs digital

Actually every thing you hear or see, be it real or imagined, is in your head literally.
  5. dfunghi

Girls on LP cover - REDUX

6. dfunghi

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

People that took a bite and decided it was a poor choice?
  7. dfunghi

New Member, New (first!) Turntable (AR)

There is also a quite in depth discussion about cleaning records as well as a sticky. Many, many, many different opinions but also plenty of hard science. Good luck and enjoy. PS: I have AR TT as well.
  8. dfunghi

New Member, New (first!) Turntable (AR)

Welcome. We also have a dedicated AR sub forum (sort of) in turntable forum. Just hit search with “AR owners” for that forum and it should come to the top, all 279 pages of it going back two months shy of a full decade. @VinylRadio
  9. dfunghi

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

“I spent half my money on gambling, women and whisky. The rest I wasted” W.C. Fields
  10. dfunghi

Storing Records In Order

I actually have a compilation LP that lists The Pink Floyd as one of the artists.
  11. dfunghi

Storing Records In Order

Is he related to Mark?
  12. dfunghi

Storing Records In Order

Jazz, blues, rock all together alphabetically. But I use filing system unique to how I would look. Like Dire Straits is under D but Steely Dan is in S. A few other quirks and many times solo albums are grouped with the band they are best known for ( i.e. Garcia filed with Grateful Dead). I try...
  13. dfunghi

If three songsters, with guitars for a night of listening...who would you invite?

Grant Green Leo Kottke Jorma Kaukonen Paco Lucia A nice evening of very different artists. Of course with all the lottery money my room would be built like a 50 seat recital hall. We would nosh on snacks provided by Mori Onodera (look him up, an old friend from my California days). Sherry...
  14. dfunghi

Should the twice yearly time change be abolished?

Do like China, have one time zone. After all the clock is meaningless compared to sunlight and seasons.
  15. dfunghi

Ultrasonic Cleaner? "get off the fence"

FWIW I do a 15 minute single revolution using a power interrupter that has each section of the LP spend about 3 minutes in the bath. The stationary washing seemed to improve my results. I have no scientific proof. More importantly is what follows the bath. The hand wash, power rinse and vac...
Back
Top Bottom