Recent content by dgramo

1. D

KLH model 20 plus?

OK I just scored a nice model 20 plus. It turns on but will not change speeds. Any idea where I can find service info on it? It is complete and in nice shape. Would love to bring it back to life again.
  2. D

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Humble Pie. Town and Country
  3. D

Sony 6120 or pioneer 737

I decided on the Sony. It is a wonderful item. It sounds wonderful with my Wharfdale W70D Mark II speakers. I just keep spinning vinyl. I cant remember the last time I put on a CD.
  4. D

Wharfdale w70d mark II tweeter issue

It appears that one of the purple tweeters in my Mark II speakers is not working. What would be an appropriate replacement or where can I find a stock tweeter? Any and all help will be appreciated.
  5. D

Sony 6120 or pioneer 737

I have a Sony 6120 but recently picked up a pioneer 737. Which is considered the better item?
  6. D

Ortofon red plug and play ?

I am considering a red plug and play for my technics sl-d2. Should I have any reservations with this purchase? Bought the turn table about 2 months ago. It was new and sealed in the box at a yard sale for $7.00. Would like to keep budget under $200.00 I listen to mostly classic rock and 70s...
  7. D

Is it worth fixing?

I spoke with the shop yesterday and was told the power supply was the issue. I am not sure as the item would power up but had zero output. He said he would repair that as well as replace a few lamps in the face. He said it was in great shape otherwise and was extremely clean inside and will give...
  8. D

Is it worth fixing?

Recently I scored a Sony STR-6120 from a yard sale for $10.00. It is in fantastic shape but after a short period of time it stopped working. I found a local shop who can repair it for $175. My questions is if it is worth the cost of the repair or not. Like I said this thing is in amazing...
  9. D

1969 Sony str-6120

Any ideas as to the issue I mentioned earlier? I am bummed it stopped working. I have a feeling it may be something on the input amp side of things. If it was output I would think it would be just one side that failed.
  10. D

1969 Sony str-6120

I am bummed. It just stopped working. Started humming out of the right channel. I turned it off and tightened up the speaker terminals and when I turned it on again nothing at all. No output on any channel. Changed to the auxiliary speaker output and still nothing. ?????
  11. D

1969 Sony str-6120

Picked this up today at a yard sale for $10. I don't know much about it but came with owners manual and it sounds great with my warfdale w70d mark II. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.
  12. D

Technics SL-B2 speed issue

OK I have an issue with my turntable. Occasionally the speed will speed up or slow down at very random times. I replaced the belt and I also lubed the motor sewing machine oil. I set the strobe to the proper setting and it will hold steady for a while and will then suddenly change to the...
  13. D

scored some Wharfedale W70D

curious as to a decent received to use with these speakers. I would like a tube amp that will not break the bank. My father said a Fisher 500 would be nice. Any input appreciated.
  14. D

scored some Wharfedale W70D

I am just getting into this and am trying to build up a vintage system. My wife saw these on craigslist and I jumped at them. Seller was asking 250 but we settled on 140. I think I did ok.
Back
Top Bottom