Recent content by dino74

1. dino74

Is this a sign on a bad power relay in an AS2100

Your right. The black probe was grounded to the chassis ground but I forgot the unit doesn't have a three prong plug. At work, I'm so used to everything having the chassis grounded to earth, that I forgot about this. I'll move the black to ac neutral and remeasure.
  2. dino74

I think the DC problems is caused by the power relay. With the fuse removed, the power relay isn't powering anything and there's a 31 volt drop across the relay. The Plug (120 V) ------------> Power Relay --------------> Open circuit (89 V)
  3. dino74

My A-S2100 is stuck in protection mode. Diagnostics Mode is 2 blinks which the Service manual says Power supply voltage (PS) protection detection Cause:The voltage in the power supply section is abnormal The incoming power looks like The Plug ------------> Power Relay --------------> Fuse...
  4. dino74

Ad says "Mint condition" but it looks like someone drop it onto it's back.

Shame for such a nice amp, Yamaha B-2x https://offerup.com/item/detail/923430396/
  5. dino74

Yamaha A-1 Amp and T-1 Tuner value

I picked up a A1/T1 on craigslist for $80 about a year ago. Had the door but hinges were broken. There was some static in the channel but I haven't had time to repair it yet.
  6. dino74

Thinking About an A-S2100 Integrated..

I'm loving my 2100 in the living room with Tannoy XT6F speakers, Pioneer PL-L1000 and CD-S2100. I should try to connect the 2100 with the KEF Reference 1's but I'm too lazy to move them from the other room.
  7. dino74

Thinking About an A-S2100 Integrated..

Download the service manual at https://elektrotanya.com/yamaha_a-s2100.pdf/download.html Page of 83 has the output wiring diagram. Page 79 has the phono amp section.
  8. dino74

Yamaha pro amps P5000s is what kind of amp? A/B or H or D or ...?

Here's a link to one of their whitepapers. https://asia-latinamerica-mea.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/5/325575/yamahapoweramp_whitepaper_en.pdf
  9. dino74

WXC-50 setup questions

Are you trying to use both wired and wireless at the same time?
  10. dino74

Any CD-S2100/3000 Users Here?

I was super surprised that it just worked.
  11. dino74

Any CD-S2100/3000 Users Here?

I got a CD-S2100 even though I don't really use it with discs because I've put everything on DLNA server. I mostly stream to it using a WXC-50. I've done WXC-50 to CD-S2100 compares and I don't really hear a difference. I really do like that the USB interface is supported by Linux, so I can...
  12. dino74

Yamaha b2/c70? Opinions?

I like using the remote for my A-S2100 .... its just too hard to get off the couch to adjust the volume.
  13. dino74

Likelyhood of older Yamaha amps needing recap or similar?

You need the MX-55 Service Manual? I have a hard copy and can scan it if need be.
  14. dino74

Decided to buy a NP-S2000

Yeah, it was broken when I got it. I want to be sure the DAC portion is working before modding it. I'm still trying to figure out the make of those connectors on the DAC. Would be easier to use a connector than removing the existing one.
  15. dino74

Yamaha MX-35

Hopefully I get sometime in the next couple of weeks to scrap off a patch and solder the wire directly. At my last appointment, the doctor also recommend getting a reading only set.
Back
Top Bottom