Recent content by dly66

1. dly66

New from Texas

Welcome
  2. dly66

My brother forced me to purchase a smartphone.

Like @Gordon most all my web on PC. My Rebel 4 only has the data turned on when I need it mostly used for calls and texts. I really liked my small LG 306 I had before it. Got some grief for the 306 being pink (breast cancer awareness) but I got it at a good price. Not big cell phone user so...
  3. dly66

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

Since my first car at 18 years old (now 57) all have been manuals. Still on my third one. 98 Ranger have had since 2008 passed 291k two weeks ago. About 2000 more miles and I will have put twice the miles on it than my dad did before he died. Went on vacation with a friend last fall did most...
  4. dly66

Greetings

Welcome to AK
  5. dly66

KLH Model 17 Woofer Treatment

Used 3 light thin coats on mine. Vintage-ar on Ebay usually has the sealant but seems to be out right now. Small bottle plenty for a 17 should end up with some left over. Been using the Model 17s in the workroom for a number of years. Dry is relative, did mine years ago and the surrounds are...
  6. dly66

Im in it now!

Welcome to AK
  7. dly66

Do I want HD Radio?

Old head unit in Ranger was an HD Dual when it kept acting up did not feel the need for its replacement to have HD. On the west side of Greensboro could issues with switching in and out of HD a lot and if listening to the local 92.3 on the west side of Greensboro it would keep switching between...
  8. dly66

Do you let your animal (dog or cat) range free outside for most of the day?

Tabby was here before I was. Been an outside cat most of his life have gotten him more comfortable coming inside especially if its cold, raining, or during the day during the hot part of the year. It has taken a number of years to get him more comfortable coming inside. Still shows at times...
  9. dly66

Pioneer sx 770 sx770 - problem (maybe short) in power supply/ transfromer

Should be good. A quick search showed 1N5404 often suggested some attributed to @markthefixer so should be good sub. The 1N5408 is the 3 amp diode I normally have on hand and use so using it should be fine. Hope the SX-770 repair goes well. I notice some Fisher in your avatar finally getting...
  10. dly66

Welcome to AK
  11. dly66

I’m new

Welcome to AK
  12. dly66

Newbie here - Kenwood C2 and M2A

Welcome
  13. dly66

Hello from the new guy!!

Welcome to AK
  14. dly66