Recent content by dnewma04

1. dnewma04

The official AK golf thread

Back when I was in shape (mid 20s, so long ago, I was about 119). Last year I was about 104 at a simulator. I think with some more flexibility and strength training, I can get back up near 110 but we'll see. If I occasionally get a hold of one and hit it 275-280, I'm more than content. But...
  2. dnewma04

it was interesting to be able to swing freely again after a couple of years of noticeably having to compensate for weight and inflexibility. Looking forward to the weather breaking. I want to get my driver speed back over 110.
  3. dnewma04

230-240 most of the day, but that one I had a pretty good poke at it. It's fun what yoga can do for your flexibility and then by extension, your swing speed. :D
  4. dnewma04

Between the cancer and weight loss push, I didn't get out from early June until late October. Finally got out during a warm spell later in October and played pretty well. Shot an 84 including an eagle on a 450 yard par 4. 260y drive followed up by a 190y 3 iron using my Wilson FG-17 tour...
  5. dnewma04

Similost's Speaker Build - Watch this space for lots of laughs.

Rarely ever here anymore, but I have had a couple of ewaves over the years. None ever replaced the Unity's or the version with the big 18sound horns.
  6. dnewma04

Happy Birthday dnewma04!

Thanks all! Had a great weekend away with my wife. Thanks for the thoughts!
  7. dnewma04

Kegger/blueglow kt88 project

I can probably dig up the specs, but I think they were built to something close to: Primary: 6000ohm Secondary: 4/8ohm 20w 100ma I think bandwidth was specified as 20-20khz
  8. dnewma04

Single Ended Stereo 6T9 amp

Yeah, I think they are closing in on 500.00 now? Crazy.
  9. dnewma04

agreed. I’m always surprised that an IEC with a round mounting hole hasn’t been developed. It seems like every DIY project would use it.
  10. dnewma04

Are you suggesting I change the circuit to one using a 6u8 the day after I finished the amp?
  11. dnewma04

Damn, missed opportunity there. :) Thank you!
  12. dnewma04

About 5-6 weeks ago, I posted asking some questions about some power supply ideas that I had about an amp build I was working on. It's a small stereo amp using a pair of 6T9 tubes and a 6BY5 dual damper diode rectifier that I'm giving my daughter for a special day that's coming up soon. She's...
  13. dnewma04

Conceptual Question about combining tube and ss rectification

There isn't a reason I'd need to tie it to the cathode, is there? It's not my planned approach for the heater, I was just going to tie the 6.3v winding directly to the filaments.
  14. dnewma04

I was intending to just run it directly to the filaments without tying it to the cathode. When I snagged that screenshot, I honestly didn't pay too much attention to that piece.
  15. dnewma04

That psu schematic in the attachment is really just one I pulled from the internet and added the diodes with PowerPoint to show what I was trying to describe. In reality, the 1N4007s are already installed on the PCB, I could implement your idea externally from the PCB I suppose. My PT is...
Back
Top Bottom