Recent content by drknstrmyknight

1. drknstrmyknight

What's a good home Bluetooth receiver?

Bluetooth is probably the worst way to do audio... https://www.lifewire.com/what-to-know-about-bluetooth-3134591
  2. drknstrmyknight

Technics SL-D2 for thrift store LPs

A dirty, scratched record will take its toll on your stylus. I preview on a "B" table for that reason as well.
  3. drknstrmyknight

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

I use 0.25 part of Tergitol 15-S-3 and 0.25 parts of Tergitol 15-S-9 per 100 parts of distilled water This is the Canadian Conservation Institute's recipe and similar to the Library of Congress's .05 solution of Tergitol 15-S-7 deionized water.
  4. drknstrmyknight

No Ability To Delete a Post?

I see the same thing. You can delete your thread but not an individual post.
  5. drknstrmyknight

Looking for the Right Vintage Amp

The E is for Efficiency, and at 96db, you don't need much power. You could get into tubes economically with something like a console pull. If you subscribe to AK, you get access to Barter Town where you can see gear on offer or post a WTB! Good luck!
  6. drknstrmyknight

Buglegirl is the bomb!

Nice smooth transaction, righteously priced, promptly shipped, significantly better than described. Thanks Buglegirl !
  7. drknstrmyknight

Panasonic relaunching Technics turntables

I guess we need to start a pool to estimate their entry MSRP
  8. drknstrmyknight

Panasonic relaunching Technics turntables

Listen to the nattering nabobs of negativity! Any mid to high end production is a good thing. More competition, more innovation, more choices.
  9. drknstrmyknight

Identify this cartridge please

http://www.lpgear.com/category/ASTAT.html
  10. drknstrmyknight

How do I clean this?

wire brush and air compressor
  11. drknstrmyknight

Returned to charcoal

Kingsford was started by Henry Ford to monetize the scrap wood in his factory. Kingsford Charcoal is made from charred softwoods, pine, spruce etc. then mixed with ground coal (YUM) and other ingredients to make a charcoal briquette. As of August 2000, Kingsford Charcoal contains the following...
  12. drknstrmyknight

Cartridge bottoming out?

If you run your cart at the top end of the VTF or if the suspension is light or compromised by age you certainly could bottom out which would result in some sort og audible event.
  13. drknstrmyknight

Hungry on Father's Day...

Godspeed, Lee. BTW, your avatar can sit on my my stereo any time.
Back
Top Bottom