Recent content by drumbum

1. D

What should AudioKarma members be called?

How could it go 5 pages without someone saying Karmaniacs? Inhabitants of the karmanicauidiocene
  2. D

The False Claim that You Should Only Use Deoxit F5 on Pots

naphtha... i.e. (white gas, lighter fluid, spraying thinner, Coleman fuel),.. + 5% d100 = D5 not mineral spirits ... i.e. (paint thinner) ....and some refrigerant as a propellant Naphtha is fast evaporating Mineral spirits is slow evaporating and leaves oily residue roll yer own and apply...
  3. D

Kyocera D-811 Restoration

Two 801's and an 811,....great machines. desoldering is needed.
  4. D

Cassette Tape sales at 20year high

A GW near me throws the cassettes in the dumpster and put the stupid "drawer style" holders on the shelf to sell. clown world
  5. D

How long does your amp etc take to warm up?

bout as long as the service manual states to wait before setting quiescent current.
  6. D

Realistic Optimus 1 Speakers 1968

.....which was a fail.
  7. D

CONFESSION - about cables and interconnects

is everyone a shill these days?
  8. D

How long should speaker surrounds last?

Yeah..... 1 B's...figured that would be understood.
  9. D

What Is Best Speaker Wire for Vintage Speakers

LMAO!.......fit the terminals....LOL
  10. D

How long should speaker surrounds last?

My Sony SSU-3000's are still on their original surrounds ('78),.....same with some MCS speakers ('80's), ...and the Nova and optimus 7's, 21's and 1's, that I had,.....and my Novas 8b's ('70's closed cell foam).... .....so surrounds can be manufactured to last.......but.........
  11. D

Multimeter suggestions

I would also look for a used higher end Brymen..............many Greenlee's are re-badged Brymens also.
  12. D

Did Kenwood make good larger speakers?

Kind of an anti-kabuki speaker if there ever was one.....
Back
Top Bottom