Recent content by dzkfraser

1. dzkfraser

Technics crossover re-cap suggestion

yup
  2. dzkfraser

After recapping my 5000s - I found the tweeters to be very bright - not sure how they will sound on the 6000s - that's a different tweeter
  3. dzkfraser

The trick will be finding non-polar radial caps - I recapped with axials, bending one of the leads down the side of the cap to make a radial configuration - still took a bit of shoehorning to get them in
  4. dzkfraser

If those are anything like my 5000As - there isn't a lot of space on the crossover board, If you go the film route I expect you will need to do a new board and relocate it somewhere in the cabinets
  5. dzkfraser

Wet Boxes

Yeah, you do need some space when working on speaker cabs, also makes a bit of a mess, definitely not something you would work on in an apartment
  6. dzkfraser

Wet Boxes

Glue and clamps won't work, You may be able to close the gap a tiny bit but not all the way - the plywood or particle board(can't tell from pics) will certainly have some warpage and you need a the surfaces in the joint to be flat and parallel to get them back together - Bondo works great as a...
  7. dzkfraser

●● A-Z The Star Trek ecosphere game

Farpoint
  8. dzkfraser

Help Replacing Speaker Jacks on a Denon DRA-700!

I had to replace one like that - the problem is finding replacement termminals with the same pin spacing. I had to solder extensions on the pins and bend them to line up with the holes in the PCB - bit of a pain but it worked
  9. dzkfraser

●● A-Z The Star Trek ecosphere game

Constellation
  10. dzkfraser

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

yeah, I don't get it
  11. dzkfraser

Design Acoustic ps-10 Question

got them on ebay - they are 25.5mm - I got 4 for about 12 or 13 bucks, they came from China - little miffed because the pics showed the wires side by side(to match with the connectors on the mounting plate) what I got was wires on opposite side of each other so I'll have to reroute them as...
  12. dzkfraser

Design Acoustic ps-10 Question

I have a set of the 10a's I just refurbed - they have the lpad not the switch, the tweets on mine were both dead so I got some replacements off ebay. They sound fine to me- could be your switch or some bad caps. I ordered some new domes/colils for the dead tweets and will attempt my first...
  13. dzkfraser

How to remove Vinyl from speaker cabinets?

I've removed vinyl many times using a heat gun - sometimes the vinyl is really stuck on and can be difficult to remove, but it does come off- you may have to heat the vinyl up to where it will burn you if you touch it. Don't use Acetone on vinyl, it will melt it and make a bloody mess(don't ask...
  14. dzkfraser

Monster TEAC A-601R Cassette Deck help!

Definitely no rush, got this from an Auction, is in excellent condition except for the belt. Gonna replace my current deck - Technics RS-M11 - with this. I was surprised how much this thing weighs - don't build 'em like that anymore
Back
Top Bottom