Recent content by electra100

1. electra100

KEF 107 help needed

I had to buy a Rane RS-1 power supply and have a plug soldered on. You will need a 18V AC power with a center tap.
  2. electra100

Building My First Pedal Board!

I love seeing your stories, in Canada we have a limited amount of vintage guitars. The good news is that we have cheap hardwoods. I get the last of my cables in today, I can wire up the chain and have some fun. One day I can make my way down to the states and go to some cool shops and check...
  3. electra100

I'm really not worried about the weight for a few reasons. First, I am not by any means planning to gig ever, I'm just a home player for fun. Secondly, I am a large human so I doubt I will notice. I think really light guitars I would find awkward. The pickups I have chosen are the Fender custom...
  4. electra100

I'm most anxious for lockdown to be lifted in Ontario so I can go to my dad's place and finish the walnut tele I am working on .
  5. electra100

Well said! Almost all of my practice time is on clean tones so I can tune my ear to the notes I'm playing. I need to tell myself I have to earn the time on the pedals after practice time is over.
  6. electra100

Thanks guys! I actually scored a Cioks DC10 power supply yesterday. It is built like a tank and dead quiet. I am hoping to buy a pedal board today, but build a scratch one in the spring with some nice wood.
  7. electra100

I am a new player, but I am having fun learning. I decided to build a pedal board instead of going with a multi effects unit as I thought it would be a bit more fun. I will get some pics up later, but to start I have: Boss TU-3 J Rockett Archer Overdrive(Klon) Walrus Audio ARP-87 Delay Walrus...
  8. electra100

KEF 105s - a rare opportunity

Very nice shape, price seems very high. It is pretty tough to get over $800 for these, even if they have a full rebuild.
  9. electra100

Nice Sony PS-X600, Shame About The Dustcover

I have an X50 cover, I wonder if it would fit. No hinges, though.
  10. electra100

Educate me please, what is the deal with the LS3/5a ?

Granted there is a high admission price. Very few people pull the trigger on a small bookshelf for $2K when they could buy almost any other reference grade speaker. I will say this-in the right room with the right source they have a special experience in store for you. However I went the...
  11. electra100

is this a junk or steal? MC275

Its marked as sold now. I think it was a fair deal, but maybe spending the extra cash on a better unit is the way to go. Personally I think the reissue 275's are spectacular.
  12. electra100

Favorite Canadian Singer/songwriters

Check out Dominique Fil-Aime. She is a newcomer but very talented.
  13. electra100

Restoring KEF 105 Mark 1

There was another thread I saw of someone making their own 105 cabs. https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14064
  14. electra100

Torrance CA KEF speakers

They actually look to be the size of 103.2's, but might be 101's. Either way, excellent speaker!
Back
Top Bottom