Recent content by elnaldo

1. elnaldo

Solid state circuit gurus - do you see anything weird about this?

Matching Q1 and Q2 will keep DC offset down. Use low noise transistors in that place.
  2. elnaldo

Pioneer CT-F700 idler wheels question

It's a 2mm or 1.5 mm diameter pin. A human with a hammer should be stronger than it. I can search for picts, perhaps I have pictures of the repaired unit. But usually filing the rivet, and tapping on it with another metal shaft is enough to remove it. If you have to force it too much, probably...
  3. elnaldo

This 1st picture is the end you need to file and remove. No doubt about that. A small file or a dremmel tool will help. Then, some small metal pin to punch on the shaft.
  4. elnaldo

Most of the times, just hitting with a hammer on the shaft is enough to break that small rivet you see in the 2nd pict. If the material is too hard, filing with a small tool first will help to remove the shaft. I use this small file:
  5. elnaldo

After filing that end, I usually lay the piece on a nut, to have some support and a hole in the middle, and I hit on the shaft with a small nail and a hammer. Once removed, the pin end won't be perfect. When you assemble it back a drop of glue should be enough to keep it in place.
  6. elnaldo

(Images uploaded again for future reference) I don't remember exactly, but probably filing that rivet shown in the 2nd pict, and hammering a bit with some metal pin.
  7. elnaldo

Infinity RS6 subwoofer Removal/Replacement

I've cleaned that kind of cones with ethyl acetate (AKA acetone free nail polish remover) Please check this thread: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/refoaming-cleaning-those-clear-infinity-woofers-rsb.935254/
  8. elnaldo

Infinity RS6 subwoofer Removal/Replacement

If pushing with your hand from the back is not enough, what I do to pull stuck woofers usually is to screw a large screw on 1 or 2 of the holes, a screw thick enough to thread on the woofer hole (and not the wood), and pull. Always being careful and using the common sense. I'm not sure if those...
  9. elnaldo

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

Yes.. I know at least 1 guy (I know him in person), who creates fake profiles to post "audiophile" things like this speaker or similar stuff, at crazy prices, just to see the questions on his post.
  10. elnaldo

Probably a real picture but a fake Ad. I don't think somebody really thinks he could sell something like that ... But I can be wrong.
  11. elnaldo

Seen at a local MarkePlace... Not sure if it's true or a fake profile...
  12. elnaldo

A question about safety caps

0.01 = .01 A 0.01uF ( or 10nF) safety capacitor is what you need. X1/Y1 or X2/Y2 will be fine. The one in the link is X1 Y2. It will work. Y1 is a higher spec. But for a home appliance, Y2 is OK. (You can Google what are the max voltages those capacitors can withstand)
  13. elnaldo

recap? ess amt bookshelf

Film capacitors don't need to be replaced usually. I''d replace just the electrolytic capacitors.
  14. elnaldo

HPM-100 Remove Crossovers from Posts Glue/Sludge

I use some drops of ethyl acetate (AKA acetone free nail polish remover) to soften that kind of glues
Back
Top Bottom