Recent content by elshout

1. E

Just gonna admit it... I’ve got a speaker problem...

Thanks. When we built our home the wife allowed me to have a 15 x 20 foot room for a dedicated theater. Mainly just a music room now as we rarely watch movies in there. We decorated it in a medieval theme.
  2. E

Just gonna admit it... I’ve got a speaker problem...

"Just gonna admit it... I’ve got a speaker problem..." Me too!
  3. E

What did it take for you to finally get a nice pair of speakers and enjoy them for the time being?

When I got into audio, I went for a nice set of speakers FIRST. I worked overtime and saved for weeks and purchased a new pair of Carver Amazing Platinum Mark IV in 1992. I then started saving for an amp and bought a Hafler 9500 and a so so preamp (Carver CT-17). But, I also have fallen prey to...
  4. E

Rare and Seldom Seen Speakers

Yes, the silver dust cap is original and it has a whizzer around it that is also original. I think that both of these are intended add to the upper frequencies. I believe these with that 15 inch woofer would play down to 13 hz!
  5. E

Rare and Seldom Seen Speakers

Weber Speakers. Made in the 1980's by Leroy Weber out of Waco, TX. Sold for sure in Louisiana and Texas but probably mostly across the south. Very good sounding speakers using 1st order crossovers - so very few components to change the sound. 2 way: LBK - 200 3 way: LBK - 300 4 way...
  6. E

Bluesound Node or ??

Just got a Node 2i yesterday. The sound quality is pretty good for the price. Just a note of warning for those considering: It indexes/accesses iTunes files, MP3, FLAC, and MP4 files fine. Most of my files are WAV and it does not organize these files. It just puts all of your WAV files in one...
  7. E

Dynamic drums

" Bill FerrisSuper Member New Quite a few tracks on the well known and talented drummer: Billy Cobham`s DDD CD "Warning" are pretty damn dynamic IMHO/E." What is the title of this CD? Is it DDD or is that referring to how it was recorded, mastered, etc in all digital. Not sure which CD of his...
  8. E

Looking for first tube amplifier

Thanks for all of the replies. The Rogue Audio ST-100 looks like a strong consideration. Prisoners - would you say the ST-100 still has a tube sound? With 100 watts per channel and good bass weight does it lean to much in a solid state direction/sound or can you still tell it is a tube amp...
  9. E

Looking for first tube amplifier

I am looking for advice on getting a tube amplifier. This would be my first foray into tubes as I have always been a solid state guy. I would like to get an amp that I can keep for years – old or new does not matter much – that has the following features/characteristics in order of priority...
  10. E

Question About Bridging Amplifiers and Low-Impedance Loads

You could get by on low volume usage. Overheating will be the ultimate issue if driven hard.
  11. E

Slim Devices Squeezebox SB3/Classic

Idatlof or E-Stat: can you offer up a link or instructions on how to build a Raspberry Pi system for this purpose?
  12. E

Sunfire 300X2 vs Hafler XL600

I have owned both. The Hafler wins hands down in my book. They both sound good in the mid and top end, but the Hafler stomps the Sunfire 300 in the bass department.
  13. E

Best Bad Company Recordings?

Yes. I have a Rega turntable with a Dynavector cartridge.
  14. E

Best Bad Company Recordings?

Paul Rodgers.
Back
Top Bottom