Recent content by ev13wt

1. ev13wt

Ordered a new belt on ebay......LOL

A random rubber band probably has better performance
  2. ev13wt

OUTLAW - first Album from Kevin Tielesch's Band "Sinners Church"

He put his blood, sweat and tears (ok and money) into this short album and is looking for feedback.
  3. ev13wt

What do you do with CDs after you've ripped them?

I tossed everything into the trash. Waste of space. But I was never the guy that had lots of VHS, DVDs, Bluerays either. I don't need to own anything, just using it is fine.
  4. ev13wt

Mr. Language Here, With a Favor

The average American reads at the 7th- to 8th-grade level = Half of U.S. adults can’t read a book written at the 8th-grade level. https://www.wyliecomm.com/2021/08/whats-the-latest-u-s-literacy-rate/ 4% are nonliterate. Some 4% of Americans (global literacy rate: 3%) have Below Level 1...
  5. ev13wt

Mr. Language Here, With a Favor

The return / enter key. You can also use it Like this and incorrectly place returns because your window is so small but don't do that because it will automatically resize.
  6. ev13wt

You Just Inherited $20,000.00

Neumann U 47 AKG C 12
  7. ev13wt

"Burn-in" of Components: Sometimes Logic goes "Out of the Window"

If I were a "believer" in snake oil, I'd tell you that they are all digital CANBUS cables. But then I'd have to accept the fact that digital cables either work or don't work. BUT you can buy audiophile ones. It's just so sad watching all these people get ripped off.
  8. ev13wt

Because these things, like the "skin effect" as well, are just not applicable in the radio range. It concerns GIGA Hz. not MEGA Hz...
  9. ev13wt

Very hard sprung horn bass driver "burn-in / break-in"... To the tune of shifting the Fs about what, 3Hz? PLEASE..... Nothing else "burns in" - it's always ears adjusting to the new presentation. "Burn in" in audio is also a misuse of the term itself, which is a process to check solid-state...
  10. ev13wt

How to protect gear from salt air ???

A headphone rig is what I’d be looking at. :)
  11. ev13wt

Are audiophiles elitists?

It's all so very close to each other, and 2 channel audio reproduction is very flawed anyhow. So yes. Most that call themselves audiophiles are elitist gearophiles. With mostly 1K interconnects but without any room treatments. Cause if they get the schooling/knowledge, they wouldn't call...
  12. ev13wt

Terminology Used By Some Audio Enthusiasts That Makes My Skin Crawl...

Calling it "critical listening" is just so very me, me, me: A need to differentiate oneself from "normal" or "background", or even "stupid, unknowing" listeners. People using the term feel special. So yea, there is ego involved here. I see it not as two words that have a meaning, but more like...
  13. ev13wt

Setting up speakers for proper stereo imaging?

What is the issue? Image is not stable? It's almost always the room itself. Try first reflection barriers. Hang some carpet on chairs to test.
  14. ev13wt

Can you tell high definition streaming from the basic ?

If people post hashes using foobars comparator feature, I will believe that someone heard a difference in something. This online test has zero credibility, and nobody can prove anything.
Back
Top Bottom