Recent content by Final_Baton

1. F

Shure M 91ED replacement stylus options or....

IIRC, The Voice Of Music has a nude elliptical that's pretty fine cut, and affordable too, for it.
  2. F

LOMC recommendations

I see. well I am extremely happy with the Victor tracking between 2.0 and 2.1g and am not looking to upgrade (it's that good in my system) but you probably have a higher end system than I do and are now looking into truly high-end carts
  3. F

LOMC recommendations

If I remember correctly, you had a Victor MC-100 II EB? what did you think of that one? personally I think it sounds great, super agile with best kickdrum sound I ever got and clear + liquid top end (guitar leads are amazing with this). goes up to 45kHz. but then again I don't have a ton of...
  4. F

JVC QL-?? owners thread

I'd tend to trust seller Unisound as well, they have excellent reviews/ratings and appear professional. good prices too. I imported a TT using a proxy site called Fromjapan which aggregates searches from many japanese auction sites (just as Buyee does) and had a good experience. but that was...
  5. F

Small footprint quality turntable?

my Victor QL-Y44F is quite a lot shallower than the DP-47F, but is similar a table (although mine's arm is only electronically assited in the horizontal direction). I chose this deck specifically because it's shallow, and overall quite compact. the Y44F is one of very few of that kind (japanese...
  6. F

What song(s) do you use to evaluate your system?

Something fast and crisp and precise to analyse all bands of midrange characteristics and resolution (making sure guitar crunch is tight. beefy enough but crisp and good resolution). So : Megadeath Rust In Peace, and Slayer South Of Heaven. Something a bit more dynamic and oldschool : Ozzy...
  7. F

Inexpensive stylus cleaner, much cheaper than Onzow.

Yep. been using that for a year now. I stick a pad on top of container and put container in drawer below when done. but I like your idea of cutting cover, sticking pad underside and flipping, for someone who leaves his/hers on the TT.
  8. F

Does a current 8mz fit a Prestige 2 cartridge?

Thanks you two! :beerchug: Well I might as well share my impressions of the cart with stock stylus. Overall : I really like this cart! Man the midrange is GREAT! it sounds full yet still crisp enough. it's pretty forward in the presentation. My system is a bit on bright side so this...
  9. F

Does a current 8mz fit a Prestige 2 cartridge?

Hello. I just got a Grado Black2 after being so impressed hearing one in a record shop. I like what I hear enough to splurge for the 8mz stylus I think, but first I have a question regarding compatibility : Is a current 8mz only a fit for the Prestige 3 series? or is it gonna fit on a...
  10. F

Might the "Schiit Mani" be the "best bang for the buck" Phono Preamp ?

I'll be following this thread. I also have my eye on : Pro-ject Phono Box DC (the one with MM/MC switch. sells for CAD $160/USD $100). I'm also looking for a nice entry level phono pre with MC.
  11. F

Vintage Turntables: Time to Throw in the Towel?

Wait : I thought you didn't like the small JBLs. I seen you give your impressions and you were like : ''Yeahhhhhh, they're okay I guess... will keep trying on better speakers though'' Then I see that they're the only ones you currently have hooked up :D Usage doesn't lie. it trumps words :D
  12. F

Grado Gold replacement

since this is a Grado thread, I'll ask here : is a Grado a good match compliance-wise, with the straight tonearm of 80's japanese DD? (ie my Victor QL-Y44F) the arm on my deck seems kinda light to me, I guess it's considered light-medium mass? I'll try and dig up its effective mass from...
  13. F

Cartridge Suggestions for Technics SL-1800

I think Nagaoka are a perfect fit for these Technics table. the right SRA, the right compliance. I haven't heard a stanton recently but from all accounts it looks like a good neutral/standard sound. I'm curious to hear one now especially with the EEE stylus
  14. F

Tweeter range and older ears

OP, I run JBL L-19 which starts to drop after 15kHz, and I'm absolutely thrilled with them. They do some many things right (great, actually) that I'm okay with them having this flaw.
Back
Top Bottom