Recent content by fink lever

1. fink lever

Valve Amplifier valve identification

Hello All, i found an EF37 in my other small amplifier and though what the heck, lets put in the missing valve holder coupled with a power valve. I thought if anything seemed wrong i would quickly turn it all off. Low and behold nothing whent pot and when i turned the dial to AM and turned the...
  2. fink lever

Yes i think so
  3. fink lever

Pio, i just had a realisation though regarding the AM pre.... the dials and controls must have been taken from an old radiogram but the chassis is the same as the amplifier so i think the maker has also built the AM Pre to suit. It makes sense as the wiring and setup is again too complex for a...
  4. fink lever

Yes i have spotted a couple that look similar (one marconi 1940s and the other a 1950s bush radiogram with a similar faceplate. I think i will be able to continue the search Pio thanks again. By the way i have just removed the speaker and i must say i should have done earlier as they are soooo...
  5. fink lever

Excellent observation Pio1980, really appreciate the news. Looks like i may be able to figure out the circuit.
  6. fink lever

Thats excellent Pio thanks!
  7. fink lever

More Pics of the AM Pre...
  8. fink lever

Hello from England, The valve am pre has been removed and i have taken quite a few pics for everyone to observe. At the moment the EM34 does not light and the radio has a constant hf crackle (not really loud but it is affecting the signal and speakers) There doesn't seem to be anything...
  9. fink lever

Ok I will see if I can test. I have ordered a spare em34 valve so will know more when it arrives I hope to remove the am pre over the weekend and will post some pics, underneath and at various angles. Maybe give it a clean and good study...
  10. fink lever

It seems the am pre and fm were taken from another unit and adapted to the amplifier...there are no makers identification but a Christmas Tree logo on the am facia.
  11. fink lever

more pics pics of the underside of the em34 magic eye, fm control and radiogram working...I will post some more pics when i take out the speaker/am pre etc.
  12. fink lever

I have a pic (#82). Third one showing the missing valves. I think I have some of the underneath...
  13. fink lever

This one is not directly on the chassis but seems raised on it's own level. I will remove the unit and take some pics. Actually I may do that now
  14. fink lever

Thank you, Can I ask what the sensitivity or responsiveness of vintage radios are like. Or do most radios now not pick much signal?
  15. fink lever

Is the drive amp unit within the valve? What I am trying to determine is if the two missing valves have anything to do with the magic eye or receiption of the am preamp? Thanks again
Back
Top Bottom