Recent content by fleksta

1. fleksta

Any thoughts on Biamp XA300 amplifier?

I have a BiAmp TC60, seems very well built and sounds good to my ears. Don't know about the XA300 but the TC60 uses oddball 1/4 inch plugs for input; needed to buy a set of RCA to 1/4 wires.
  2. fleksta

Quality Amp Switcher

If you can still find one, I've been very happy with my Niles DPS-1. Used to switch between my HT Receiver and Stereo setup.
  3. fleksta

Rip Off E/Bay - join the boycott

I normally excluded all other countries from my Ebay listings until the Global Shipping Program was offered. It let me open up to a larger market without the added risk that used to entail.
  4. fleksta

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Found an AR XA in great shape at the flea market, when he said $20 I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough. Just needs a new stylus, came with an Empire 999 SE/X cartridge.
  5. fleksta

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Found a Sony Discman D-121 for $6. Has line out and can take an AC adapter. Perfect companion for my mini office setup (Citizen PAF303, PSB Alpha Mites).
  6. fleksta

Been a long time since I've found anything interesting at the thrifts...this was brought out to the shelf just as I was walking by: Aiwa CA-30 "Carry Component System" Saw the price tag of $5 and just grabbed it without looking it over at all. Figured I'd have to search for a power cable but...
  7. fleksta

Approximate value of Tandberg SERIES 64 reel to reel?

With these I think most of the value is in the tubes. If original, the 64 should be loaded with desirable Telefunken 12AX7s.
  8. fleksta

They're still out there, found a Pioneer SX650 at a yard sale today for $30 It was covered in an ancient layer of dust, should have taken a before picture. It cleaned up pretty well though and remarkably...it works! The only glaring problem is that one of the prongs broke off on the volume...
  9. fleksta

Someone must have finally decided it wasn't worth storing their old '90s AVR setup; local thrift store had a stack of Sony BPC coated in a thick layer of dust. Snagged a pair of Boston CR7s for $16 but the rest of the pile wasn't anything worthwhile. Nice upgrade for my garage tunes. Also...
  10. fleksta

University RRL-8 large bookshelfs???

Just found a pair of these at a garage sale and was intrigued enough to spend $20 on them. To my surprise, they seem to be working ok...if a bit muted, but the longer they run the better they start to sound :music:. I'm thinking a recap & update of the screw type terminals is in the cards for...
  11. fleksta

Bypassing or replacing level pots on stereo amp

If its dirty, it's caked on hard enough that deoxit doesn't touch it. I've hit it several times with no effect.
  12. fleksta

Bypassing or replacing level pots on stereo amp

Hi all, I have a BiAmp TC60 that has a worn out level potentiometer on the right side (only works at the 3 o'clock setting). I found a schematic, but I can't seem to discern the specs for the pot...hoping someone with a keener eye for this sort of thing could take a look. I'd like to either...
  13. fleksta

Found these yard sale leftovers on Facebook marketplace, they said nobody had seemed the least bit interested in them during the sale: JBL 4311WX-A, they definitely need to air out a bit but they work! I had to leave the grills outside as they smelled so musty; new cloth is probably in the...
  14. fleksta

Is it a good time to buy/sell right now?

The electronics section here has almost entirely turned over to flippers trying to buy / sell to each other it seems. Facebook has been the better source for my hobby lately but is a real pita to search, half the time I can't find what I had just been looking at a few minutes before. I've had...
  15. fleksta

What's your latest audio purchase?

Super stoked about my latest haul, found this Philips stack on Craigslist and luckily the first interested party pulled a no show. Three hour round trip netted me a Philips PA1200B (those meters!), Pre Amp 280, CD650 (no power cord), and a PT608 tuner. The pre & power amps work just fine, just...
Back
Top Bottom