Recent content by fmueller

1. fmueller

Volume Control

If anybody is still interested, I ended up driving the tweeters with the amp of the head unit. That doesn't really make it possible to control the volume separately, but I figured I could kinda do this by playing with the gain of the separate amp that's driving the main speakers. Turns out I...
  2. fmueller

Volume Control

rothwellaudio - Yeah, that makes sense. I am a chemist, and sadly skipped physics. I need somebody else to figure out how much current will pass to an 8 ohm load if put 10k between an amp and a speaker. But if you have any chemistry related questions, I am here! ;) The sistered speakers were...
  3. fmueller

Volume Control

Is this what I need?
  4. fmueller

Volume Control

century tek - many thanks! Finally some useful info after all this :blah: :biggrin: newzealand - I was in Colorado for one year 1996/1997. Then in Oz, and in Ohio from 2003 to 2014. I am from Germany originally and my wife is from Dunedin. Naturally we ended up in beautiful Aotearoa in the end! :)
  5. fmueller

Volume Control

I've scaled the home system way down. Some old Yamaha amp, my trusty old Paradigm 11se MkII, and a Bluetooth receiver for music from the cell phone. I have sold oodles of stuff, mostly before I left Ohio for NZ. That's why you don't see me here very often these days. I've just put a new system...
  6. fmueller

Volume Control

Hi Mike! Always glad to see another Kiwi! I was at the beach today with my dogs. Shorts and T-shirt weather! So far about the cold snap, but if you see some rain down there, please send it our way! The drought is killing my garden! Cheers
  7. fmueller

Volume Control

If I sister two speakers together, can I use a simple rheostat/potentiometer to reduce the volume of one in comparison to the other? If yes, and I am using a 100W amp with two 100W speaker, what K value potentiometer should I use? Total DIY newbie here, and just asking for a little fun...
  8. fmueller

Car Audio

Thanks for the response! Ah yes, that makes sense. That's where I saw it. I was a paying member for a few years and didn't like it. I also dislike the politics of most of the AK bigshots. Not going there again. But again, many thanks for the info.
  9. fmueller

Car Audio

Hi All, I haven't checked in for a while, but am looking for some car audio advice. Was there a car audio part of AK, or am I making this up? If there isn't, where should I go? I am looking for any info on a Sansui SA31504 car amplifier. Google has nothing. Greetings Frank
  10. fmueller

AR Chronos F25

@Drugolf - Ages ago is any time when I still had hair on my head! :biggrin: The brochure is from 2002, so yup, they are not AR3 vintage. @Boonaroo - The pdf of the brochure is a little large to upload here, but I put it on my site...
  11. fmueller

AR Chronos F25

Is anybody familiar with these speakers? I'd like to find out a bit more, for example were they sold in the USA, personal experiences, anything really. To give a bit of background, my brother bought those speakers ages ago in Germany when they were new. He still has them and loves them. From...
  12. fmueller

Should I Sell My Vintage System Or Not?

From what I read, the OP has one modern system he is using all the time, plus one vintage system he is considering selling because it is used only occasionally. If we are talking about a garage full of dozens of receivers, amps, TTs, cassette decks, and so on, that would be a different story...
  13. fmueller

$$$ Allocation for a new Stereo System (Separates)

If you buy used, those calculations make no sense, because you might get a great deal on one item, but have to pay top dollars for another one. That will throw the balance way off. When buying new, I would always set aside around 50% for speakers. I did that for my first system, and I have...
  14. fmueller

Amplifier has been sounding better than usual

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet! Please accept my sincerest apologies for the crudeness of my expression! :bowdown:
  15. fmueller

Amplifier has been sounding better than usual

I believe the technical term for 'the amplifier speaker interface' is speaker cable! ;)
Back
Top Bottom