Recent content by FONSguy

1. F

My system (Crown amplifier controversy busted)

I have a recently tweaked one owner DC300a and a PSA2 also recently tweaked. The PSA2 is used with my double KEF104aB's and the DC300a is used with JBL 4312's or LS3/5's. I listen to phono from a FONS CQ30 with SME 3009 type 2 Improved with type 3 fluid damper.. Carts are Stanton 881s and...
  2. F

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

Even Robert Wise mentioned her on the set of day the Earth Stood Still as being demanding and obnoxious.
  3. F

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

She was much hated by those who had to work with her.
  4. F

What was your latest repair project?

Replaced batteries in old cheap pocket watches. Gonna recap a set of speakers this weekend I think.
  5. F

Bad Day at KEF cave in

So I put my double KEF 104's on to a moving dolly, stacked one above the other but a quarter turn off, I moved into position after switching from 16 ohms to 4 ohms to the DC300a but as I moved away the stack fell over and damaged one KEF B139 B-200. Easiest is to swap woofs with second pair...
  6. F

NASA-TV - Lunar Landing Feb 22, 2024

Dead Man Fall should do the soundtrack....
  7. F

Any model train enthusiasts?

I built many Bowsers in my day 6-8 Old Ladys in SRR markings, 2 PRR I1s's and even a Challenger. Did a real bang up job on a USRA 4-8-2 as a N&W K2a and 3-4 of the PRR H9 2-8-0's. All were re-quartered and had Helix Humper motors.
  8. F

Random Thoughts or Whatever

Sam Kinison had lots of great stuff. One of my favorites is " I'm not a violent person but I understand what turns Mr hand into Mr Fist!"
  9. F

Grado Cart Sound Question

My Grado Black 3 works great on my SME 3009 2 improved with fluid damper Swap the ground and hot wires on the headshell to cart.
  10. F

BIC 960 or AudioTechnica AT-LP120-USB

Why add more electronics in the path? The BIC was pretty solid. Get a Grado Black3 or IF you can find it a Stanton 681ee. The less crap between the cart and your phono input the better
  11. F

Favorite tv character!

Walter White or Heisenberg
  12. F

Playing music from my Mac Pro desktop

Why not use the headphone out?
  13. F

PL-12D Rescue

The foam was more to dampen noise not prevent springiness.
Back
Top Bottom