Recent content by frankiebull

1. frankiebull

Magnavox 182BA External Speakers?

My Imperial from 1959 has a connection on the back of console for external speakers. Here are some pictures and schematics which may help. It also is bi amped but uses a 81-01-00 amp (similar to 182). The speaker selector switch is the only thing that I haven't sorted out yet. I am just using...
  2. frankiebull

Magnavox Imperial console

Yes. That is correct.
  3. frankiebull

Here are some pictures of the 81-01-00 amplifier. Thanks for the schematic. It may help sort out the original speaker wiring.
  4. frankiebull

I found a really nice Danish Modern Magnavox Imperial (bi amped) here local. All the speaker wiring had been messed with so no sound. After a recap on the amp, I tried to sort out the wiring with little success. I had a spare molex plug so I ended up bypassing the speaker selection switch and...
  5. frankiebull

How many speakers do you have and what are they?

Dynaco A25 Norman Labs Model 8 Bozak B 301 Tempo Wish I didn’t sell JBL 4312 Norman Labs Model 8’s are probably my favorite.
  6. frankiebull

Questions about a Revox G36

Thanks for information Vendo81. But since I noticed no difference in hum level after removing them, I put them back in to assure that they didn’t get misplaced.
  7. frankiebull

I did set selector to 130 volts. My line voltage checks at 125-126 volts. I removed the ecl86 tubes and noticed no change in hum. Any noise I hear is from a fan or something mechanical. I have not done any more tear down except remove the back. For some reason I find this rtr very intimidating...
  8. frankiebull

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(I did set selector to 130 volts. My line voltage checks at 125-126 volts. I removed the ecl86 tubes and noticed no change in hum. Any noise I hear is from a fan or something mechanical. I have not done any more tear down except remove the back. For some reason I find this...
  9. frankiebull

I like the looks. Going to look around for some 10" reels to really show it off. By the way, it's a four track with the light sensor that stops the tape when it gets to the clear leader. With a colored leader, it won't stop. Serial number 71611. I havent tried recording with it yet, might try...
  10. frankiebull

Thanks. Yes, it is in very nice condition. Since the lady at the shop did not know anything about it either, I got it for a great price too. I'll set it to 130 and try that. Thanks. I'll try that. I did notice a little hum but really thought it was just noise from mechanism.
  11. frankiebull

Picked this up a while back. The only information I could find at the time was in German. The controls are very different than what I am used to and very intimidating. I just set it aside until now. A further search found a manual that was in English, so I decided to give it a second look. It is...
  12. frankiebull

Magnavox 8601-10 - where to start

Please note: The photo of your amp is an 86XX series which has the volume, tone and balance on the tuner section. Your photofact schematic is for an 83XX series which has the volume, tone controls and balance on the amp itself.
  13. frankiebull

Help identify maker of these "Realistic Lifetime Warranty" EL 84's.

yes my pictures aren’t very good. I’ll see if I can get some better ones.
  14. frankiebull

Help identify maker of these "Realistic Lifetime Warranty" EL 84's.

I didn’t think they were original to the console. When I bought it, all 4 tubes in the amp were labeled RadioShack. I swapped the two 6bq5’s when I sold it.
Back
Top Bottom