Recent content by Fredrik 1977

1. Fredrik 1977

Hacked up Pioneer SA-9100 restoration

Seems overkill but will most likely work. since your´e in Europe might as well check out BD140, be aware the different pinout
  2. Fredrik 1977

How accurate is an old Azimuth tape (Cassette)?

Hi all tape lovers! Just wondering, I got this old Philips 812 MCT azimuth tape from probably late 70s is it still to be trusted? i mean since when you use it and line the channels on the scope you just adjust for phase right. phase shouldn´t change on old tapes? they however can sound shit when...
  3. Fredrik 1977

Let´s fix a wreck from the pile Part#1 Yamaha KX-230

I have to get me a bottle of that stuff.
  4. Fredrik 1977

I can see slight skewing in the tape path on the deck, the pinch roller is driving some tapes outwards. tried cleaning it a second time but didn´t work. so i have to order a new one. has anyone tried that miracle cure rubber renue? is it as good as everyone says? it´s not available here in...
  5. Fredrik 1977

Maybe some decks has special points where to check azimuth but i´ve always just connect both line out to a dual ch scope and then adjust until both signals are in phase and maximum amplitude. i use a old Philips 8kHz azimuth tape, It´s probably from the 1970´s.
  6. Fredrik 1977

I just connected the scope to the Line Out. Normally you´d use a 2ch scope but for some reason this 1ch scope has a external input on the back so it can do X-Y mode. super basic scope, probably from some school.
  7. Fredrik 1977

Well in hindsight i shouldn´t have started the deck without checking inside first. it would have been a lot less cleaning. Oh! how fun :D But be VERY careful though! on the underside of that take up spool is some very fragile pattern painted/printed for the auto-stop sensor, This material did...
  8. Fredrik 1977

Hello fellow hi-fi nuts. I´m sure i´m not the only one who have collected a not so sane amount of stuff over the years. I am starting off sort of easy with the new series :D your gonna see real wrecks later on. Since my daughter is soon moving to her own place she wanted some good old hi-fi. So...
  9. Fredrik 1977

Pioneer CT-F950 record head wiring

have not checked the schematic, but looking at the pic with the pcb tracks, Pin 40 and 43 looks like they are ground via some resistors so signal should be on 41 and 44.
  10. Fredrik 1977

Pioneer CT-A9 blown bias amp

Haha :D It´s ALIVE!! It was just me who forgot to put the springs back after replacing the idler tire, The spring helps to elevate the heads so they make actual contact with the tape. All this crap because of a little spring :D However the transistors in the bias amp gets pretty hot while...
  11. Fredrik 1977

Pioneer CT-A9 blown bias amp

The oscillator works! hooked the the scope to where the erase head plugs into the board, And sure enough i get signal, And when i hit stop it shuts the oscillator off. Not sure about the frequency but its there. Checked the frequency with a multimeter in "Hz" mode and it shows 67kHz not sure if...
  12. Fredrik 1977

New PCBs for Old Pioneers

That would be a nice option when fixing old wrecks. not only Pioneer but all the big brands of the era.
  13. Fredrik 1977

Prices going crazy

Aw cmon guys! lets just be cool. yesterday i got a 2 pack of 1988 TDK AD for 10 bucks. lets celebrate that.
  14. Fredrik 1977

SX-535 vs SX-580

I´d go with the 535 all days. as mentioned by others its easier to service if something breaks.
  15. Fredrik 1977

Prices going crazy

Sad day when Tannoy moves to China. i hope you had the flag on half mast.
Back
Top Bottom