GALLOFORM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi - Thanks for the reply. It's been a few days since I logged on, since when I successfully removed the arm with help of the service manual. Regret I took no pictures but at this stage at least, think the faulty component can't be repaired. The broken part is that which turns the pushing moment of the cue lever into the rotation which is needed to lift the arm cue itself. Super Glue would seem to be the only possible answer but I doubt this would hold for long. For now, I'm cueing the arm manually but am thinking of a more radical fix along the lines of a custom build Plexiglass arm board to mount a spare SME3009 taken from a French ERA motor unit. Should be an interesting project. Thanks for your time again and regards, Mark.
    Hi, I think that the post I've made about how to strip the TT and where the problem is and how to fix it covers what I've done on the subject. Your TT is fully manual so the stripping and removal of the tonearm should be much easier than on the fully automatic version shown in the post.

My only additional pointer would be not to use glue to glue things together before really understanding the problem. If you can take pictures (close up pictures) of the broken piece(s) then it would help me and others understand how this thing breaks down. I've only seen two such broken TTs so far (but still have another waiting to be fixed) so don't think that I have ample experience
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom