Recent content by gekko23

1. G

Fine tunable attenuator with accurate dB readout

No you're right I messed that up. Sorry. No wonder you're confused. Lol. Yes the (passive) mixer is placed before the power amp that drives the (passive) woofers. Thanks for the link. I'll take your advise and search that thread for answers to my questions. However, while you're here, because...
  2. G

A mixer. Main out slider somewhat below 0 dB does the trick. I realize that but it's not much attenuation that is needed and I have power in spades. I just want the speakers to be balanced so they can be used with any pair of power amps. I remember seeing variable attenuators on some older...
  3. G

Need to slightly attenuate input for the bass on a DIY speaker project. I currently have a mixing desk between the bass amp and speakers and can adjust things fine like this but I'd like to have a more permanent solution that is built into the speakers and need to know what the exact level of...
  4. G

Looking for analog crossover with these specific features

Cool, I have to buy some of all those types for testing. Somehow I suspect the mounting could be a problem with something as hard and dense yet fragile as mdf, but maybe, if the prongs are sharp/pointy enough, those 3-pronge nuts could be pulled into place instead by using the matching machine...
  5. G

Yeah I've noticed. Ideally there should be some kind of mountable furniture type nut on the inside for machine screws. If such things exist in a form that is non-destructively mountable for laymen that don't own furniture factories that is.
  6. G

Thanks for the kind words. I agree, all speakers sound different anyway and very few of even expensive ones are made without compromises. For the record I don't think Ziinda meant anything but good with his 'pep talk', and since I am in no way, shape or form any woodworker or even very handy, I...
  7. G

Yes and no. I initially wanted it for fast and easy experimenting with the cutoff point between my mains and sub, which by itself is something worth keeping it around for. I am however also toying with the idea of building a pair of speakers (that would be driven by two or more amps) and would...
  8. G

Easiest way for wireless control of desktop PC from laptop

Yeah the desktop PC I intend to control has Win7 Professional but the Laptop has Win 10 Proletarian. Not sure how that will fly. Reading up on it as we speak. I'd prefer it if I can get things to work without having to mess with IP addresses and such. Seems it should be possible. Either way...
  9. G

Did a search. Seems a WIFI option is possible with the Remote Desktop thing through network. Thanks!
  10. G

I am Does it have a wireless option? Yeah that's what I want. I guess 'server' was misleading for what I'm really after.
  11. G

I'd like to be able to use my desktop PC as a server for playing music and video but to control it from my laptop. After some googling it seems there's a myriad of more or less complicated solutions that I'd like to avoid if possible. Ideally, once a connection is somehow established, I'd...
  12. G

Thanks for the input The idea was to tweak it by ear and construct a passive crossover based on somewhat accurate feedback, preferably through a display over trying to guess/interpret a knobs' exact position.
Back
Top Bottom