Recent content by Ghog

1. Ghog

Anyone know what this plant is?

iNaturalist.com. Its a great web site. Post a picture and get an answer quick.
  2. Ghog

Hope & prayers needed....

Prayer going up right now as I type this! Keep us posted, please. There's no way around this scary stuff sometimes, just gotta go through.
  3. Ghog

How many here make their own sauerkraut?

Bog, she used SEAWATER for brine?! Interesting! And all those veggies went in together? Sort of a pickle mix. Jimbo, that Reuben casserole sounds DELICIOUS!
  4. Ghog

Sorry, posted this and then got so busy at work I haven't been back. Sounds like I'm not the only one who likes the stuff. Thanks for the replies. Some good tips here. Gotta look for a crock, and some good recipes for using it in cooking. Moist and delicious! When I was a kid we ate a lot of...
  5. Ghog

Love a good Reuben sandwich. Recently discovered that sauerkraut by itself is actually pretty good stuff in it's own right. Logical next step was to try making my own. It's surprisingly simple, and I just used a mason jar to pack and ferment it. Gotta say I was surprised at the quality of the...
  6. Ghog

What Song, on What Gear, Started You on Your Quest?

1985 it was. Fall of the year. Had wanted a nice setup for a long time. Recently married, still in college, so money was tight. Went to a local shop that carried "nice stuff". Ended up with a Harman Kardon PM-645 integrated, TU-910 tuner and TC-20 turntable. It was by far the best audio...
  7. IMG_0456

IMG_0456

8. Ghog

Sony CD player roller slipping

My CDP-C15ESD has a little roller to extract discs from the magazine and return them when it changes discs. Works well most of the time, but occasionally fails to pull a disc, and the machine freezes. im thinking a simple clean/rejuvenation of the roller would go a long way toward solving this...
  9. Ghog

Strobe disc on turntable weight way off?

Well, I tried it with a standard 60w incandescent bulb, and here is what I found. IF I stand on a chair so I can look directly down on it, and IF i hold the lamp 3 feet to the right and 2 feet above the weight, and IF I close my left eye, I can see the stroe pattern, and it,s still showing the...
  10. Ghog

NoTransistors, maybe I'll just have to look into that disc. Simple, plenty accurate, reliable. And Lapslah, I was using a simple flourescent desk lamp. Probably better choices, but it was handy. Could that have adverse effect on the strobe pattern?
  11. Ghog

I appreciate all the responses. I ended up downloading that RPM app and if it is accurate at all, the Sony PS-X555ES is the most accurate of my three functional tables. The other two are a PL-71 and another Sony, a PS-4300.
  12. Ghog

Haha! so it looks like the weight is really not much good for anything but what it is.... a weight. I'm not looking to tweak my tables to within .001% speed accuracy or anything, just curious about that Sony table.
  13. Ghog

The weight isn't slowing the Pioneer down according to the strobe on the turntable. It runs at the correct speed whether the weight is on it or not. The problem is that even though the dots are rock steady on the rim of the Pioneer table, under incandescent lighting the little dots on the weight...
  14. Ghog

Received a Viborg aluminum record weight as a gift. It's the silver colored model. It has a strobe disc screen printed on top, one circle spaced for 33 rpm and one for 45 rpm. It is also screen printed to be for 60hz power. Today I replaced the arm drive belt on a Sony PS-X555ES table, and was...
  15. Ghog

Riviera Maya MX suggestions

Wife and I went 3 years ago. She found a tour guide online named Rod Ratner, and we spent a day with him and a business partner. They were worth EVERY PENNY, getting us to ruins and cenotes and such at the right time of day to avoid the crowds, and finding out-of-the-way things and places. Could...
Back
Top Bottom