Recent content by Gibsonian

1. Gibsonian

Went to the local weed shop & was blown away by the choices!

Iowa will be one of the last unfortunately. I think we are surrounded on all sides now though with the exception of Nebraska on the West. Drive and break the law, same as it ever was here. If you need water unfit for swimming and high rates of cancer though, we got it. Man our politicians...
  2. Gibsonian

9n New Floorboards

Big day for the old Ford
  3. Gibsonian

Are you traveling to see a total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024?

Where does one need to be to get a decent view?
  4. Gibsonian

Can an interconnect cooker really be this easy?

Cooking is the key. And the longer it is, the more expensive it is, the better it is. Cryo first, then cook, sprinkle in a very large expense and wala, you have your masterpiece. Happy listening!
  5. Gibsonian

Hello from Decorah IA

Welcome newbie. Fellow Iowan, catty corner from you as far SE Iowa as one can get.
  6. Gibsonian

Bi-Wire question, interesting perspective?

My toast has never been better since I bi-wired my toaster. Once you go bi, hard to go back!
  7. Gibsonian

Phase Linear...good looking, impressive specs, POOR quality?

It's an awesome transformer. And sourced by Phase Linear. Power supply all new cept this portion.
  8. Gibsonian

With a Phase Linear transformer driving the amp
  9. Gibsonian

I Recently Became An Audiophile.

When it comes to capacitance, inductance and resistance, yes they make a difference. Beyond this, not so much.
  10. Gibsonian

No, it is A/B, push-pull
  11. Gibsonian

Yes as was said you get more distortion and typically less power, but you like it! Tubes can make something sound artificially more realistic by adding artifacts (a pleasing kind of distortion). Plus you get to pay more to operate them as maintenance and initial cost is higher. So you...
  12. Gibsonian

You can fuse your speakers, maybe a 4-6 amp fast blow for those speakers. Or you can add an output relay. Don makes sells em for your amp. https://www.wattsabundant.com/
  13. Gibsonian

HPM-100 Speaker Stand Alternatives

We figured out there are better options.
  14. Gibsonian

To bi-amp or not to bi-amp

Yes. Not common to passive filter before the amp but can be done. Marchand sells this type of crossover.
  15. Gibsonian

Happy Birthday Gibsonian!

Thank you guys, was a goodun
Back
Top Bottom