Recent content by gkarelitsky

1. gkarelitsky

Martini- how and why?

Couldn’t resist posting this. https://www.insidehook.com/article/booze/oppenheimer-had-signature-martini-heres-make
  2. gkarelitsky

AK 21st Anniversary Raffle

June 25, 2005
  3. gkarelitsky

Happy Birthday gkarelitsky!

Thank you all!
  4. gkarelitsky

New find....what to do with them? Ohm

Contact the company directly. Still around and they are very responsive.
  5. gkarelitsky

Happy Birthday gkarelitsky!

Thank you all! Currently enjoying some Buena Vista Social Club.
  6. gkarelitsky

Can someone identify this album cover?

That looks like Pete Seeger.
  7. gkarelitsky

FX Audio 6j1 tube preamp - a $31 wonder

Didn’t know these existed.
  8. gkarelitsky

Not surprised that the volume pot is not high end based on the cost of the unit. Since I am now locked into this speaker/amp combo I suppose my only other option is to insert another preamp before the FX for the CDP. Not such a big deal as I am doing it anyway for a phono input. Thanks for the...
  9. gkarelitsky

That is the case with the CCA streaming connections - with the FX set to zero there is no sound.
  10. gkarelitsky

I have been using this as a preamp in my streaming setup, Chromecast Audio --> DAC --> FX --> to amplifier. Since I swapped out my speakers for a less efficient pair I also had to change the amplifier to provide additional power. The new amplifiers are mono blocks with no volume control. All...
  11. gkarelitsky

Basement remodel

Your sewer backup sounds like a nightmare scenario. Not considering ceiling treatments, as yet due to height limitations.
  12. gkarelitsky

Basement remodel

Thanks for the suggestions, Bob. The thick rug pad is in place as is a shelf unit with lots of vinyl. We are looking at something to hang behind the sofa, as well. We are thinking about a rug or tapestry. I will also address first reflection at some point. BTW, the stone is not veneer, but...
  13. gkarelitsky

Basement remodel

The floor is vinyl. While we do not currently have water problems it is, after all a basement.
  14. gkarelitsky

Basement remodel

I had B302 Urbans that I sold. Suffering from sellers remorse, tho
  15. gkarelitsky

Basement remodel

There is a door from the kitchen to the basement stairs. I have a low equipment rack that I will take out of the garage, clean up, move in and evaluate. Not so concerned about the kids as they won’t be unattended. Thanks for the suggestions.
Back
Top Bottom