Recent content by Gold Ant

1. Gold Ant

Suggestions for new power amp?

My Carver PM 1.5 that i was using to power a set of Magnepan 2.7qrs died today and im in australia and there is no easy place to take it to get fixed. What are the recommendations for a high sound quality pa amp to power a set of maggies(the amp I had was 450wrms). The maggies are 6 ft tall and...
  2. Gold Ant

Carver PM 1.5 works but fan not working

Thank you this is my first dive into pa amps-running off a preamp/dac with balanced output so should be interesting to see the differnce between this and my 100w amps
  3. Gold Ant

Carver PM 1.5 works but fan not working

I'm about to purchase one of these power amps to drive a set of magnepan 2.7qrs that I have. Im currently powering them with a pair of 100w monoblocks so I gather i dont need to worry about tripping the thermal protection if i dont listen at stupidly high volumes? Its only for use in a small...
  4. Gold Ant

SETTING UP YOUR SYSTEM FOR PLAYING LIVE CONCERT RECORDINGS?

Thanks for that -Im just trying to make my system work as well as possible with what im listening to as im sure we all are :-) but I did not take the significance of the whole electronic processing part of the live recording into account so yea that makes a lot of sense
  5. Gold Ant

SETTING UP YOUR SYSTEM FOR PLAYING LIVE CONCERT RECORDINGS?

I've read many articles about how to set up your speakers and subwoofer and all the usual things about subs being omni directional so placement is not so important but I'm still wondering about what would the optimum room setup to emulate a live concert I listen to a lot of Hillsong Christian...
  6. Gold Ant

Has anyone ever had a go at putting an electrostatic speaker kit together?

to try and make the "sweet spot"for listening a bit bigger?
  7. Gold Ant

i was thinking the 505 panel model on the site link here http://www.eraudio.com.au/DIY_Speaker_Kits/diy_speaker_kits.html might be good if i built my own enclosures for the cone drivers and used the existing sub that i have but like I said never been down this road before.....
  8. Gold Ant

I'm considering ordering a kit that I saw from an Australian supplier -Im in Australia btw because it seems its going to be quite a bit less expensive than buying a set of Martin Logans here -people import them and put insane mark ups on them they can go for $15000 aud which is nuts! anyway I...
  9. Gold Ant

Young new members

the flac format is pretty awesome i could not believe the sound quality improvement when I started using Jriver media centre instead of my dvd player for music
  10. Gold Ant

Young new members

well I'm just turning 40 and ive been into good quality hi fi since my early teens-vintage certainly is the way to go for exotic gear on a budget -I've picked up some really cool Kenwood power amps im still using plus an accuphase ampifier for $50 one time-had a Nad 3020 a rotel and quite a few...
  11. Gold Ant

So what's your name in your signature stand for?

well my real name is Anthony Goldie so ......if you can see a connection there somewhere ......;) and I thought the picture was a cool match:)
  12. Gold Ant

Hello from Akron, Ohio

Welcome onboard from an Australian newbie I recon you'll really enjoy the site:)
  13. Gold Ant

scroed a KR7200 last night.

AWESOME:banana:
  14. Gold Ant

how do you clean an ancient power plug-should you replace them?

I bought a power amp the other day that is about 30 years old and ive got another one im using they are both kenwood amps and they sound great but there is a lot of old gunk on the plugs on it i tried cleaning the ends of the plugs with contact cleaner but it didn't get the corroded 'stains'...
Back
Top Bottom