gonzothegreat
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I read your post about the UREI 6260s. It is not clear when this was posted. I have 3 of them. I have some really obvious problems with one and figure there might be some with the others. Old age? You seem to know how to fix them. Please contact me directly. lesorr gmail Thanks
    Hello, I am from Vancouver Island Canada and have similar 3b issues. My amp was turned on while the preamp was turned up and I believe only one channel was hooked up. The result was a blown fuse. Replacement was the same result. I have limited tools and experience but love to do basic troubleshooting. Your reply to the other poster got me excited and begging for more information. I work for a large telecommunications company and have a large collection of spare parts (mostly used) like huge caps, connections, power supplies, heatsinks, transistors, etc. I also have a 3b nrb working fine that I can look at for comparison. Will you please extend the same offer of help?
    Thank you, Steve.
    I took the 416/c100 combo for a short test drive (8hrs) at a friend's place with a pair of JBL L112s. Plenty of power and a clean (if somewhat sterile) sound. Believe it or not, my 100wpc MOSFET Sanyo plus series amp had more punch. Mind you I didn't have a chance to try the Dynaco amp with anything besides the preamp I got with them (and people didn't think too highly of the PAS). I suspect it would have sounded much better with my Adcom tuner/preamp combo but I won't get to find out until things quiet down around here. Won't have a chance to play with anything for a while as we're moving to a significantly smaller place at the end of the summer. All of my time is going to be spent paring down the collection or moving it to the new place.

The other day I was wondering how hard it would be to roll my own c100 with some surplus caps for the second 416. Run the 416/c100 combos in mono and hope my stereo rack doesn't collapse into the basement (if not clear through to China) :O
    OK.......... what happened to the Dynaco C-100?? I want to know what the luckiest guy in the world (you) did to it and how was the performance??
    Rob (the not so lucky)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom