Recent content by Graceman

1. G

The Vintage Knob - Whats happened?

Working fine for me today.
  2. G

Cleaning din tonearm cable connector

I seem to recall that one of the design features of DIN cables is that they 'self clean' each time the connection is made or broken. Just keep working it a few times and the pins will clean themselves.
  3. G

Bent DL103R Cantilever ?

That looks as if the bend is from just before it enters the body. If you have a delicate touch and a confident attitude it should be relatively simple to straighten it!
  4. G

DIN PLUG?

One of the reasons DIN plugs were popular (honest, they were everywhere once...!) was that because the socket was constructed to ensure they self-cleaned every time you removed the plug, so fancy plating was not necessary.
  5. G

Pipes & drums

And the Scottish pipes should never be played indoors!
  6. G

Pipes & drums

True, but the advent of electronic tuning aids has allowed the drones to be correctly tuned across multiple instruments which brings a sharper focus to the music. Dare I say it is more musical, but I admit the 'wall of sound' used to terrify the enemy on the battlefield has diminished somewhat!
  7. G

Pipes & drums

That video looks like it was recorded at the base of the Scott Monument in Edinburgh.
  8. G

What do you guys do about CD play back?

For me it's a Philips CD104 from 1987. It is very heavy, the drawer works like a dream and it sounds excellent. It uses their 14 bit 4x oversampling system and exceeds all my requirements!
  9. G

Rogers LS3/5a

I listen to my Rogers every day. Fabulous with tubes. Not loud, just quality and really good on voices. I've had mine since new and would never sell them. NS1000s for the large room, but the LS3/5a is best for smaller volumes. Enjoy!
  10. G

Turntable feet

I assume you mean 'coupling'
  11. G

NS 1000 M crossover recap

Very neat job. I like that.
  12. G

Yamaha NS-1000 Cabinet question

I've never seen that finish. Someone may have re-veneered the sides/top but the front looks as if it has been brush painted, and not very well either. I think the original colour may have been stripped off and then some varnish or veneer added. I would be curious to know what finish is on the...
  13. G

Anybody remember these?

Mine is triangular shaped and is branded Goldring electronic stylus cleaner. I use it about once every couple of months or so.
  14. G

Ortofon FF15E MK II surprise

I use it on my F15E - sounds better that way in my setup.
Back
Top Bottom