grateful
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• One of your customers in MA, Nick, no last name gave me your name and suggested to me that do work on APT preamps. I have heard of a few tech in MA that do this also. What makes you diferent from Vince and Viktor( who used to work for Vince at Audio Proz. I'm getting about 10 seconds of distortion on power up on the right channesl.

Bob Elster 847-705-0781
    Dave, I have two Soundcraftsmen A5002 amps that I would like to get fixed. I reached out to Dr*Audio today and he mentioned that he really isn't able to do much with the heavier pieces of equipment. Dr*Audio suggested I contact you to see if you would be able to help. Basically each piece is pegging the leds. Thanks in advance, Bob
    Hi Dave,

I can't remember if I replied to this or not. I had a Hard Drive Crash and lost lots of emails and manuals.

If you have a legible copy of the GTP-500 manual you could email to me that would be great! Also, I have been trying to locate TP4 on the PCB and have not had any luck. Any pointers?

Thanks,

Mitch
    Hi,, Noticed one of your posts a while back regarding repairing tuner in an Adcom tuner preamp. I have a GTP-500 with tuner problems and was wondering if you could email me the service manual for it. I found one using Google, but the schematic and other diagrams were almost illegible.

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    Mitch
    Dave,
    Thank you so much for getting my Spec 4 back up and running.
    A perfect job, completed a week before the date promised and below the anticipated cost. Thanks and please get my Pioneer RT-909 on your calendar.
    Anthony
    Hi Dave,

Are you still working on gear? I got your name from a fellow named John -- sorry, I don't know his last name but he used to be active on AK.

I'd appreciate it if you could look at a Marantz 2230 receiver and a Sansui 2000x.

I'm in Millis so I could easily get to Marshfield.

Let me know - thanks much,

Jim Buchanan
    508-655-1440
    Thanks Dave for all your help with my 2600 rebuild. I really am grateful for the assistance. Hopefully I'll have my old warhorse up and running before I ship out again.

-Rob
    Sure I will be happy to take work on your gear. Send me an email at Dave@decompco.com. Thanks Dave O'D
    Dave,
    Got your name from another member here on the board. I have a Yamaha CR-2020 that needs an overhaul. I am pretty sure the tuner needs to be restrung (the string is there) and other work to get the unit in top shape, pretty much whatever it needs. I am not in a hurry to have this as I am not selling this piece and want to keep it for myself. I have a cr-1020 that needs a little work since being rehabbed by Rob (merrylander) including a full re veneer of the case. I am going to put this beautiful case on the 2020 when done, have the 1020 cleaned and give it to some kid who'll appreciate it.

Let me know if you can do work on this. I am located in York Maine and will get the unit to you.

Mark Graziano
    wrunow@aol.com
    Hello,
    Your name came up in a thread for possible work on some old Mcintosh gear. I have 2 MC 30's and a C20 that I would like to have work done on. I am outside of Worcester. Any interest?
    Hello. You were highly recommended to me by some of the other posters. I have pile of gear with various problems. A Marantz 2240 powers on but emits a crackly constant noise, and it has very low output. A Marantz 100 cd player that powers on but doesn't engage the cd. A Teac integrated amplifier that powers on but emits no sound. At the moment I am without a working sound system. Very bummed. do any of those s like something you could fix? I'm in need of a good tech. I'm in Somerset, MA. Thanks, -Dave
    Hi Dave (grateful),

I did not mean to infringe on your screen name when I selected Grateful2CH as my own. I've been using variations on the Grateful name for various internet sites for some years. I sure hope you are OK with it.
    Hello Dave, Paul (thedelihaus) recommended you when I asked if anyone could fix an old, (but beautiful) Marantz 4400 that I picked up for $1600. It arrived D.O.A., with a crunched corner and the left channel not functioning. I'm in Waltham so I could drop it off if you decide to look at it, and get the left channel working again.
    Thanks,
    -Roy
    Dave, beemer suggested I contact you with this one. My Concept 16.5 has apparently welded it's power switch on (yes, I will use a surge strip in the future :)) and the FM tuning meter function has gone phhtt (power meter mode works fine). Is this something you are willing to address? I'm in Lancaster and would like to run it down to you.

Regards, Frank Carpenter
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom