Recent content by guest110

1. G

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

No worries. All my posts in this thread are deleted and people can now ask the great painter 427 all about record cleaning. I've moved to another forum. Good luck to all! Moderator Edit: I restored the content. The author's departure was of his own choosing. He did not want his name attached to...
  2. G

Thanks James. And I'm learning to like glue because, like you say, it works on the most difficult records. We all learn from each other.
  3. G

A little background might help: 427 and I got into it on another thread regarding windex and that comment was meant for him. As a self-described smart ass, I'm sure he got the joke, and he is not a windex user either. Sorry if it offended anyone.
  4. G

Oh, come on, the huge wink didn't given indication of where I was coming from? People are getting way too serious here lately.
  5. G

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Too bad this self-titled album was this band's first and only release. Great, funky stuff.
  6. G

Oh, I'm sure there is a whole thread on it's virtues somewhere!
  7. G

Ah-oh. The Windexers have followed us here with more of their wive's tales! ;) Years ago there was a school of thought that records should not be cleaned as the stylus would do the work. This has been entirely disproven. While large dry particles like paper can be pushed away, the high heat...
  8. G

As mentioned previously, vinyl records contain stabilizers added to prevent PVC breakdown during heat pressing. These stabilizers are metal stearate compounds and are important as they also scavenge the acid breakdown product (HCl) produced as a record ages or is exposed to UV light. Once...
  9. G

need one box to rule them all

Cocktailaudio X40 does just about everything. Hard to find another with analog inputs or a state of the art DAC.
  10. G

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

It's great to listen to an album that for sure nobody has heard before :rflmao::rflmao:
  11. G

Windex?!?!?

You want to butt heads again? To those that want the facts, nicotine is water soluble and not the insoluble residue typically associated with smoke. Nicotine doesn't really stick to anything. It is actually tar that you need strong solvents to remove.
  12. G

Windex?!?!?

Right here: " However when I seen this thread I was just going to tell the OP to use the Crystal Rain. I'v used it many years without issues" Surprised you ASSUMED he wasn't already using that form of Windex as well. Someone PM-d me and said you typically look for pissing matches and I'm...
  13. G

Windex?!?!?

OK. I take FULL responsibility for anyone who uses the Library of Congress recommended record cleaning formula that I endorse. Please send me all your records "damaged" by it's use, and I'll gladly re-imburse you. Out.
  14. G

Windex?!?!?

Not all Goodwill finds are trash!: http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-factory-news/man-finds-ultra-rare-records-in-bargain-bin/ though everything I find there appears to be. The notion that the record has to melt or discolor to show damage is false. Many audible defects cannot be seen by the...
  15. G

Windex?!?!?

It was assumed since 99% of the Windex sold and in use is high pH and contains ammonia. Just like you never asked whether the water ring was on a wood species or on wood grain vinyl or plastic. or whether the original lacquer was water based. :banana: "Do you really want the responsibility of...
Back
Top Bottom