Recent content by GW Hayduke

1. GW Hayduke

Any Schiit Modius Users?

Modius user here. I'm running a CCA > Modius > Valhalla to cans. Had this setup going for a little over a month and really enjoying it.
  2. GW Hayduke

Ipad Pro vs RPi as Streaming Source

Thanks Tiger. What software are you using on your Pi?
  3. GW Hayduke

Couldn’t agree more - cheers all!!
  4. GW Hayduke

Thanks so much all - great advice here. I’m going to give the RPI 4 a go sans HAT and will report back on the A/B!
  5. GW Hayduke

Thanks Dswank - unfortunately I don't think they do. Not a huge investment either way but just trying to get a sense of what to expect. By the way, love your avatar. Phil Lesh's base, right?
  6. GW Hayduke

Hey all, Following up on an earlier post, I'm relatively new to the digital streaming game so still trying to figure out what will work best for my setup. I'm currently running an IPad Pro second gen (2017) > apple camera connection kit > USB > Schiit Modius > Schitt Valhalla 2 >...
  7. GW Hayduke

Streaming Spotify (or Tidal/Roon) to Standalone DAC

That’s an interesting thought. Would an iPad work, running from lightning connector > Apple camera adaptor > usb C > DAC?
  8. GW Hayduke

Thanks all for your replies. Lots to think about here.
  9. GW Hayduke

Very cool - will check out the Keiid. Thanks so much Idatlof!
  10. GW Hayduke

Thanks Palsapal, that makes sense. I think I'm going to give the Audioengine B-fi a go (https://darko.audio/2020/06/audioengines-b-fi-is-a-189-wireless-network-streamer/). Has a DAC as you note, but looks like that can by bypassed with the Toslink out, which would work for me!
  11. GW Hayduke

Hi all, Relatively new to the higher-end digital streaming game, so asking for forgiveness in advance for the newbie question. My setup is currently laptop > USB > DAC (Schitt Modius) > Hadphone Amp (Schitt Valhalla) > Cans. I would very much like to stream from a different source...
  12. GW Hayduke

Telefunken RB 46s - worth it?

Hey guys - saw this on my local CL this morning: https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/ele/6078793658.html. Can't find much about the speakers or the receiver (not much interested in the latter). Anyone know anything about them, or whether the price seems reasonable? Thanks!
  13. GW Hayduke

New (to me) Sony TA - 1055 - Where to Start?

Thanks Goldie - great advice all around. And, yes, the DMM was in diode test mode - totally slipped my mind to include that piece of info! I'll proceed ad you advised, and report back. Aaron
  14. GW Hayduke

New (to me) Sony TA - 1055 - Where to Start?

Hey guys - finally got around to working on this guy. I first removed the bad resistor at R243. In testing the transistors "in the area", Q208 (2SC1061, which is NPN) gave some odd readings, so I pulled it and tested it out of circuit. Here are the readings I got: Base (+), Emitter (-) .90...
Back
Top Bottom