Recent content by Harvey/ Ga

1. Harvey/ Ga

If you own a turntable and LP's, how old are you?

I'm 87 and have a Pioneer PL-L1000, JVC-QL-Y55F and a Micro-Seiki BL-61. I've had several others over the years II have about 5 feet of vinyl, 200+ CD's and maybe as many cassettes.
  2. Harvey/ Ga

What's British in your system?

Warfedale w-60E, W-70E and Celestion 66 Mk2
  3. Harvey/ Ga

Cartridge Shells

Every so often I've seen fancy wooden cartridge covers. Some ( sellers?) have attributed significant audio improvement with them. Any experience/thoughts about this, or is it just another "pretty" for your turntable?? Harvey/ Ga
  4. Harvey/ Ga

What's your best speaker "score"?

Celestion Ditton 66 II Polk 10A Free from a friend moving into a boat. There was a blown tweeter in the Celestions. Found a replacement on ebay. After 3 years, I replaced the crossovers with new ( & improved??) crossovers from an ebay seller/electronics shop in England.
  5. Harvey/ Ga

How many different tape machines have you had/have now?

Denon DR-M44HX in both systems Marantz PMD430 A super good quality portable Sony Walkman WM-D6 Excellent mini portable Previously owned Pioneer CT-F1000 Dual C-939 My first cassette. First one bought new, then years later, bought 2 others on eBay, that came trashed Viking...
  6. Harvey/ Ga

Sansui G-7000 blown outputG-7000, blown output transistors

Loose speaker wire shorted out one channel. Other works OK. Would there be more damage other then blown output transistors??? Should I replace the outputs in both channels?? I've read that there is a great gifference between brands.
  7. Harvey/ Ga

Unobtanium parts

Has anyone tried to make unobtanium parts, like the Mitsubishi gear, on a 3D Laser printer??? I've seen pix of some very intricate parts made with them.
  8. Harvey/ Ga

Denon DR-M4 Score! Anyone else have one of these?

I have two DR-M44H...does that count ?? Love them :bigok:
  9. Harvey/ Ga

If you could only keep one pair of your speakers which ones would you keep?

It would be hard for me to decide, as my Wharfedale 60E's are an old favorite, but most likely it would be my Celestion 66's. All my speakers are recapped, but I replaced the crossovers of the 66's with newer ones from an English outfit on Ebay using aircore coils and modern equivalent...
  10. Harvey/ Ga

Wood head shell. Home made.improvemen

Cool!! I lived there many years ago
  11. Harvey/ Ga

Tonar Stylus manufacturer

Many thanks Y'all,for the replies. guess that I'll try one for my Stanton 727
  12. Harvey/ Ga

Tonar Stylus manufacturer

Anyone know about Tonar styli and how that compare to JICO and the P??? maker??
  13. Harvey/ Ga

Belt needed

Googled the TT and found a belt on Amazon for $15
  14. Harvey/ Ga

What cartridge are you currently using on main deck

Stanton 980HZS on a JVC QL-Y55F main system Stanton 881S on a Pioneer PL L-1000 in the mancave
  15. Harvey/ Ga

Parts that are Unobtanium

Am really interested in finding the gear that breaks in the LT-30. My friend bought a second one and I've always lusted after an LT-30 myself. Perhaps I could buy it from him if I knew where I could find the part.
Back
Top Bottom