Recent content by hello9821

1. hello9821

2011 Secret Santa delivers -- The Official "What'd'ya get?" thread

Two-year subscription! Thanks, Santa!
  2. hello9821

What's your nicest unused gear?

Dahlquist DQ-10/matching woofer, Infinity rsIIIb and rsII, Pioneer xx-9500 stack, two Akai GXD-635Ds... the list goes on.
  3. hello9821

Fun audio nut game...

Carver.
  4. hello9821

Another Super High End Phono Stage! No expense spared...

I'd like to purchase a board, if possible.
  5. hello9821

Sony PS-2251 Tonearm Issues

Hey everybody. I finally got around to getting a new cartridge ( Grado Red 1) put on this table. The tonearm was secured in place with a twisty tie by the tech that installed/aligned the cartridge for the ride home. The table was fully functional before I got home and set it up... To find that...
  6. hello9821

Cartridge Advice, Please! (Black Pearl vs Pearl)

I was thinking of going with the Grado Blue for $110. Is this a decent option in that price range?
  7. hello9821

It's time for SECRET SANTA 2011! OFFICIAL SIGN-UP THREAD HERE

Is it too late to join in? If not, then I'm in!
  8. hello9821

can you name this JBL?

I dub thee... Frederick.
  9. hello9821

new from southern california

Greetings from another SoCal AK member. I know how you feel. I am 21, and listen to very little of the modern music that my peers enjoy, partly because most of it is mastered in a way that results in complete and utter shit for sound quality.
  10. hello9821

Cartridge Advice, Please! (Black Pearl vs Pearl)

Hi everyone. It's about time I replace my ailing Ortofon 15 Super in my Sony PS-2251, and I would like to pick up a cartridge around $100-$150. The Sumiko Black Pearl and Pearl went to the top of my list because there's a local store that carries Sumiko, and I would like instant gratification...
  11. hello9821

Every Day Carry

Marathon Navigator quartz watch Ray-Ban polarized aviators iPhone 4S in Hex wallet case with photo ID, Amex, and company credit card <$20 cash some sort of lip balm a set of car keys
  12. hello9821

Simplified System

It's a nifty turntable. One of my father's friends was nice enough to pass it my way when he heard I was getting into vintage audio equipment. I have the original Ortofon OM15E Super mounted, but it doesn't sound right, so I am planning on picking up a Sumiko Pearl or Black Pearl at a local...
  13. hello9821

Simplified System

Thanks, everyone! Yeah, I am really glad I got the stands with them... if I didn't I'd probably get some Herman Miller Eames side tables to use as stands.
  14. hello9821

Falcon Acoustics LS3/5A build

I think I am going to order a pair of these kits. One question: do you have to use veneer, or would it be possible to stain the cabinet as-is? I apologize if that's a dumb question; I have never build speaker enclosures before.
  15. hello9821

Simplified System

Thanks for the encouraging words, everyone! I've been a longtime lurker, but I think I shall start actually posting. This setup has become my refuge/ a little slice of solitude to help me keep my sanity lately. Yessir, I lucked into this pair in great shape from the original owner, with the...
Back
Top Bottom