H
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I have a Pioneer Elite PD-52 that just developed a Transport problem. I found a PD-54. Do you know if the two Transports are the same or interchangeable? Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide.
    I have read that you've worked on a few Pioneer A-88X amplifiers. I have one that is in need of some TLC. Do you work on them for people? I'm trying to track down someone in Cincinnati who knows how to work on this older equipment, but I would prefer if someone with experience on this particular model was working on it. Please let me know if you are interested. Thank you.
    Your work is fantastic. If my M90a works it's your credit. I wanted to ask you two questions. What are the audio capacitors in the power cards? I read on a forum that about one audio capacitor on the two power cards, could you tell me which are they? There are 4 capacitors on each board, 330uf 100v. What good could I buy to replace the old originals? Thank you for everything. Good evening. Domenico
    I own a pioneer m90a, it works great, recently updated with new capacitors and transistors. The protection lamp does not work. It has never worked. When the amplifier is turned on the bulb is red, then yellow. Everything works fine in my amplifier, but no light comes on, neither red nor yellow. The two bulbs are good. What could be the problem? Can someone help me? Thank you all.
    hey there Mr Hennessy

I've recently become a fan of the Pioneer mag changers of the late 80s/90s. A month ago I was able to snatch an orig. 1st, the Pioneer 'pd-m6' at Ebay for 100. I also picked up a Sony mag changer for 5, wow...but anyway i saw an old post of 2yrs ago where you were discussing the good/bad of those early cd mag units. Well, it seems EBay has a pd-m710, pd-m730, and yes a pd-m910 up todayy...Which of these is best/ DACs or are they all great editions? I seen many say a 910 is rare but even the 730 is great too. Most hav said a 710 is kinda run of the mill etc. Im also interested in reliabilty bcuz again these are old machines but made in Jap.

Thanks for info.

Tony
    Hi, I saw some of your posts on the forum and you seem to be an expert on the Pioneer PD-65. I recently shipped one of these and it was received with some internal damage involving a loose item in the case. The symptom is that the player powers up, but the tray won't open. I seem to remember that this may be a common occurence when shipping these. Do you know what this loose item may be that prevents the tray from opening? Thanks, for your help. I am trying to debug the problem without having the player infront of me.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom