Share This Page

heyraz

Super Member, from Long Branch, NJ

heyraz was last seen:
Apr 25, 2017 at 4:05 PM
    1. Vinylgeorgeg
      Vinylgeorgeg
      Hi Heyraz,

I would like to do some mods on the power supply board and wondered if I could ask you a few questions.

1. How did you remove the stock caps on the power supply board?
      2. Instead of Panasonic caps is it possible to use other brands? eg. Mundorf?
      3. Did you any special solder?

I have already changed all the opamps to 637s, the output caps are mundorf silver in oil and I have mazda 12ax7 on the output tubes. How much do you think in percentage would the power supply mods improve the sound by?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    2. heyraz
      heyraz
      Vinylgeorgea,
      Not a problem but it will take me a couple of days to gather my thoughts (it's late right now), put it to paper and include some photos.
      In a nutshell, all I did was try to reduce ripple and drain off any AC that might have coupled to the DC rails. Clean power in means clean sound out.
      Until then-Have a Happy New Year
    3. Vinylgeorgeg
      Vinylgeorgeg
      Dear Heyraz, I would truly appreciate if you could send me details of your work on the power supply of the JD-9A. I would like to do some mods. Thanks.
  • About

Pharmacist
    Born in 1956, blah, blah, blah

Hands On

Signature

Snell EIII,Fisher SA300B, SoundValves VTP101,Thorens TD124, SME3009, AR PH3, Grado Statement Sonata1, Magna Dynalab MD90,Adcom GCD750,Sonos Connect