Recent content by HiFiJeff

1. HiFiJeff

$1000 Speaker Shootout! Anyone want a ZU Audio Dirty Weekend and JBL Stage A-190 Shootout?

I stopped poking around on ASR a long time ago. I could care less about his reviews or measurements. What something tests at and how something sounds in the real world, two totally different things.
  2. HiFiJeff

$1000 Speaker Shootout! Anyone want a ZU Audio Dirty Weekend and JBL Stage A-190 Shootout?

Yes, I saw this a few weeks back, I knew that Sean, would at some, point HAVE to discontinue those. Nothing that good lasts forever. There is NO WAY I'd pay $2500 for some Omen's when I got the Dirty Weekends for such a great price.
  3. HiFiJeff

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

My two pair of ZU Dirty Weekends. Now that ZU discontinued them, and I know I can't get that kind of performance or fit and finish at that price, they are staying put.
  4. HiFiJeff

I wanted to be as thorough as possible. LOL No, it took like a week. I boxed them up and shipped them back, I didn't even want them in a third system
  5. HiFiJeff

I am working right now, but when I have time, I will give some more feedback. Real simple, at the initial price of $999, the ZU's, on EVERY level, destroyed the JBL's.
  6. HiFiJeff

I got the Quads sometime ago. I went through a lot of stand mount speakers and finally was happy with the Quads. Super good speaker. They are sitting on top of my custom finished ZU's. It's been awhile since we have talked, so I am not sure if you know that I ended up with another pair of ZU's...
  7. HiFiJeff

Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends

The DW's make for GREAT speaker stands! :)
  8. HiFiJeff

At a $2349 starting price on the Omen MKII, not even close to a value.
  9. HiFiJeff

https://www.zuaudio.com/loudspeakers/omen-2 $2649?! The value is gone. No way on earth I'd pay that much money for the Omen MKII. You wont hear any difference between that and the DW with some upgrades.
  10. HiFiJeff

Wow. I just saw this. Sad days at ZU, or at least for people wanting in on the ZU sound for a great value. Glad I got my two pair of DW's a long time ago. I think I got my first pair when they were $999.
  11. HiFiJeff

Yep, got the same email. Just happy that I already own two pairs! Terrible times to try to purchase right now.
  12. HiFiJeff

FX Audio 6j1 tube preamp - a $31 wonder

Yeah, that's a good thing you have 2. I wanted to get another one as well but am having no luck. Still running two systems in one room. How does the 03 compare to the 01?
  13. HiFiJeff

There was a $100 shipping charge with the original $999 price, so that hasn't changed. But even so, a $300 price jump is pretty big. Gotta love everything that's going on today. Inflation is going to get a lot worse. Prices on everything is sky rocketing.
  14. HiFiJeff

FX Audio 6j1 tube preamp - a $31 wonder

I know it's in here somewhere, but what are the suggested tubes for this pre? If you have a link, that would be helpful. Thanks
  15. HiFiJeff

Damn, I just noticed that, base price is now $1299? I guess great deals don't last forever. So it's a $300 price jump. That's pretty significant. But still worth $1299.
Back
Top Bottom