Recent content by hlcass

1. hlcass

Newly Purchased Luxman R-1070, Powers On, No Sound

I too just picked up a R-1070 locally, gave the pots a good Deoxit bath. This is my first Luxman. The dial and meter lights are out, but LED’s, power and stereo lights work. It sounds good and am planning a full recap at some point.
  2. hlcass

Which Speakers are you using with McIntosh Integrated?

MA6100 driving Klipsch Chorus 11’s. My MA5100 are paired with Klipsch Forte 1’s.
  3. hlcass

KD17-E passive woofer replacement for KD16?

These are the non matched KD-16’s I replaced:
  4. hlcass

They fit just like the original ones, perfect in the location, not angled or lopsided. They are not a tight fit, just exactly like originals. The were no gaskets. Not sure if there were gaskets originally, as my old passives were clearly messed with, poorly repaired and non matching, by a...
  5. hlcass

Pictures of new passives:
  6. hlcass

Quick update, I received the new KD-17’s today and they went in without a hitch. Good thing, my current were missed matched and one was really damaged and the other was repaired. The new passives are not flush to the back of the cabinet, but that is not an issue for me.
  7. hlcass

Will do, they are not inexpensive at $105 each plus shipping. Thanks!
  8. hlcass

I have a pair of Chorus 11’s with blown passive woofers. Has anyone replace them with the KD-17’s? I read where KD-15’s are a direct replacement, but the representative for Klipsch I spoke to said they are no longer produce them, so I ordered the KD-17. Any known issues I may face with...
  9. hlcass

Klipsch Forte 1 Tweeter Issue

The new Crites TI tweeters where the issue. Wow, the Forte’s sound amazing with my Fisher 400. My recapped Heresy 1’s with the 400 also sound good, but the Forte’s are more.... everything. I will have to get the Crites TI tweeters for my Chorus II’s now. Thanks for all the advice!
  10. hlcass

My Forte’s are the later series 1’s with the caps on a square circuit broard. Tweeters dates are 8911, so very late in production? Based on toxcrudar’s advice, both tweeters measured open with my ohm meter, hope that replacing them will solve the issue. Crites ti’s will arrive tomorrow. I...
  11. hlcass

Thanks for the advice, I will order the Crites ti diaphams. I have done caps from Bob Crites on a heresy, but the Forte crossovers look harder to work with. Thanks again!
  12. hlcass

I just picked up a pair of fairly rough Fortes 1’s and the tweeters do not seem to be working on both. What would be a recommended first step in diagnosing the problem? Thanks! Mike
  13. hlcass

Vintage German radio repair - Milwaukee and Chicago area

Casper at Stereorehab in Chicago area is the only person I trust work on my stuff. My Telefunken Opus 7 will be there soon.
  14. hlcass

Klipsch Chorus II Date of Manufacture

Thanks! I have been listening to them all weekend, and the have not disappointed.
  15. hlcass

Klipsch Chorus II Date of Manufacture

Thank you, much appreciated. That explains the inconsistency of the labels and serial numbering that I have noticed on other Chorus II's.
Back
Top Bottom