Recent content by homebrew

1. homebrew

Speaker factory - dual 8" tower - anyone know these?

Is this the Speaker Factory in Maryland? If so, their speakers look legit. And the fact they've been in business since 1959 says something.
  2. homebrew

Rectilinear crossover help

Definately replace the two black caps with the red ends. They are ka ka. The larger can be replaced by a Mundorf electrolytic of the same value. It may be necessary to use a film cap in parallel if you can't find the exact equivalent. Replace the smaller cap with a film cap like this from Parts...
  3. homebrew

Jans Zen Z-500 Electrostatic Speakers

Great score! Both the receiver and speakers are worth keeping. If you need service on the Janszens, they're still in business. https://janszenaudio.com/
  4. homebrew

Want to use Bose 901 series IV on B speaker out and Bose 901 Series V on A speaker out.

Best not to use both at the same time.
  5. homebrew

Looking to go new(er). Speaker recommendations please.

Using a 30 watt/channel amp really limits your choices to high sensivity speakers only, if you listen at realistic volume levels. Years ago I owned a Marantz 1060, 30 watt/channel amp and AR2ax speakers. Just sounded anemic until I upped the wattage to a Marantz 2270/70 watts/channel. Where...
  6. homebrew

Using Subwoofers or Large Woofers with Stand Mount Speakers for improved lower frequencies

Got two set ups with stand mounts and subs. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
  7. homebrew

Speaker Builders

What you propose is not worth the time or money. Buy a mis-matched woofer, midrange, and tweeter and put them in any old box with an off the shelf crossover. You'll get the same results.
  8. homebrew

Magnepan LRS and LRS+ Tips, Tricks and Mods

Knowing the local Magnepan dealer as I do, no surprise they never mentioned Magnepan would offer a home trial. That way local guy loses the sale.
  9. homebrew

Respectfully I have to disagree. True the store I was forced to go to because they're the only Maggie dealer in town, wasn't my favorite. But I really wanted to like the speakers. I would have preferred to take a pair for an in-home audition but the dealer declined. I realize I'm in the minority...
  10. homebrew

Let me preface this by saying I've never cared for Magnepan speakers. The ones I've heard were so-so at the frequency extremes. Good spacious mid range though. I was all hot to audition the LRS because of the rave reviews in the audio press. There's only one local dealer for the audition. This...
  11. homebrew

ANDREW JONES (MoFi) Sourcepoint 10

You expect me to list all of the speakers at $3600 and under? GMAFB.
  12. homebrew

Electro Voice Sentry III

Finding a correct crossover will be essential to make these speakers sound their best. If you can't, then you've bought $700 paper weights. You could part them out, but that would be a travesty.
  13. homebrew

Vandersteen 2ce sig

I understand Richard Vandersteen likes the bi-wire configuration.
  14. homebrew

CSS Criton 1TD-X $400 crossover?

Reviewers say the upgrade is worth it. All components have been upgraded over the standard crossover.
  15. homebrew

CSS Audio visit and Criton 1TD-X Info.

The way they do their crossovers is brilliant. Elegantly laid out for ease of assembly.
Back
Top Bottom