Recent content by Huck

1. H

Looking to upgrade my Yamaha DXR10 powered speakers?

Hi: I am looking for suggestions regarding upgrading my DJ powered speakers.They are Yamaha DXR10's,which sound good ,but I need to move up the 'sound ladder' to something more refined and I amusing a RCF 902AS for bass duties.Not looking to go cheap,but also not into the Meyer Sound type of...
  2. H

Looking for a quality DAC with fixed volume and a small footprint

Thanks,but I ended up buying a Denafrips Ares II Enyo.Thanks,Huck.
  3. H

Amazon Unlimited or Qobuz for best sound quality?

I have tried both and I am staying with Amazon Unlimited. Can't tell an appreciable difference between the two.Thanks,Huck
  4. H

Amazon Unlimited or Qobuz for best sound quality?

Hi: I now have Amazon Unlimited and Qobuz is now available in Canada,so which one would you pick and stay with regarding audio quality between the two services?....I listen to mainly Rock and Progressive Rock,so maybe these music genre choices sound quality wise won't matter which...
  5. H

Denafrips Ares II in the house (after six years with Gungnir)

Have you done the update yet? Huck
  6. H

Anyone done the Denafrips firmware update?

Thanks....new (for me)DAC supposed to be delivered today,so hopefully I don't 'need' to do the update,as it looks waay too complicated for me!.Huck
  7. H

Anyone done the Denafrips firmware update?

Are there any users of the Denafrips Ares II (Enyo) that are happy with the sound without the latest firmware update...I ask because I just bought a used one and apparently does not have the latest firmware update. I don't have the DAC yet as it's on it's way,plus I am not very computer saavy,so...
  8. H

Yeah,I guess I should not have used that term(starter).ThanksHuck
  9. H

Hi: I am the OP and I finally ended up buying the newer version Denafrips ARESII Enyo. My system is not revealing enough,I don't think,to go and spend too much on a TOTL DAC,so I will try this newer DAC first and go from there.Thanks,Huck
  10. H

Do I really "need' a DAC that supports DSD?. I see some of the 'big dogs' in the DAC field,one being Schiit, that does not support DSD in their Bifrost2 DAC. I only run a stereo only rig,so no surround sound. As far as multiple digital inputs go(other than the usual Coax,USB,Toslink)...are there...
  11. H

After some thought,I think that I would like a DAC that has at least 2 Coax inputs,one for my NODE streamer and one for my Copeland CD player. Not gonna be cheap,but a lot less hassle hooking and unhooking....not many DACs out there that have multiple inputs,I don't think.....so much for the...
  12. H

Thanks everyone who commented.Huck
  13. H

Thanks...Yeah I only listen to streamed AMZ "Rock" music anyway,which is mainly recorded crappy,IMHO,so I will make do with what I have for now. Waiting for Qobuz to come to Canada in May.Huck
Back
Top Bottom