Recent content by HypnoCoosh

1. HypnoCoosh

The Snell Type M loudspeaker

I use Type M's in a dual Sansui integrated amps(217,719)|(w/Rolls input distribution-amp) set-up, above Snell QBX 20's and an unmentionable slim sub tucked under my listening chair. But to be on topic, the Type M is such an elegant little speaker. I've made multiple people weep with set-up and...
  2. HypnoCoosh

Snell E vs Snell E.5

Hey guys, So I have an opportunity to pick up some Snell E.5 speakers but I would be swapping out my Snell E speakers for this specific set-up..... Thoughts? I can't find much info on the E.5 speakers but I'm thinking they might not compete with the Type E.... Anyone have experience with...
  3. HypnoCoosh

Sansui AU-719 Mint condition for $400.... Deal or no?

I've only replaced a few caps on my CR-2020 PS so I'm not an expert. Is this a job that a novice would handle with some patience? Also is this a good deal on a CAP package? https://tinyurl.com/y6kbzlqf
  4. HypnoCoosh

@ivandezande I talked him down to $350. Volume and balance were a little static but after a deox and fader lube treatment the amp is sounding superb with a set of Snell QBX20. Also running with an au-217 with Snell type Ms. I'm pretty happy with it at the moment. What caps did you replace...
  5. HypnoCoosh

@Blue Shadow I would only be using one pair at a time for this set-up so that's good to know.
  6. HypnoCoosh

Also I have two sets of speakers I'll likely be deciding on using for this specific set-up. One pair is 6 ohm the other pair is 4 ohm. I assume this Sansui can handle these speakers as I won't be driving them that hard. However there is a small concern there since this Sansui is rated for 8...
  7. HypnoCoosh

How efficient are the Canton Karat 20 speakers?

@Bratwurst7s So I've been relentlessly chasing down an amplifier and have an option for a Sansui AU-719 for $400. Thoughts? I also might demo a pair of Snell QBX20s against the Cantons if I pick up this amp.
  8. HypnoCoosh

Topic says it all. I have an opportunity to pick up an AU-719 for $400 locally in mint condition. Thoughts?
  9. HypnoCoosh

LUXMAN 5L15 not powering on for $300???

For reference https://www.ebay.com/itm/LUXMAN-5L15-Integrated-Amplifier-Amp-Made-in-Japan-FOR-PARTS-AS-IS-/202802169413?hash=item2f37f38645%3Ag%3AHaMAAOSwNlldqNFZ&LH_Auction=1&autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=RISTf6ufWpntpjVpJyVHlgpnYW8%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
  10. HypnoCoosh

Well I lost the auction. Sold for $417 and my max bid was too low. Onto the next.
  11. HypnoCoosh

@Blue Shadow it's no power - nothing, no lights, no movements.
  12. HypnoCoosh

@Blue Shadow Let me check and see if there is more info I can find out.
  13. HypnoCoosh

@nj pheonix I'm pretty handy when it come to DIY. I'm tech savy enough to figure some things out and don't mind research or even tracking down help if needed. I dabbled in my first set of cap replacing on my Yamaha CR-2020 PS a month ago and had great success. I'm in the market for a new amp...
  14. HypnoCoosh

Looks like a nice clean unit but based on what I can find about LUXMAN units with power issues this might not be an easy fix. I'm wondering if it's worth the risk to try and buy and fix this guy. Obviously a nice unit if working....
  15. HypnoCoosh

Do you use the 'loudness' feature on your rcvr/amp?

Depends on media format and recording.
Back
Top Bottom