Recent content by iankasley

1. iankasley

$11 Chinese AT3600L Thread Mk. II - Champagne sound on a Beer budget!

The Gemini CN-15 is indeed just a repackaged AT3600L. I've bought them from China as well as from stateside vendors and haven't noticed any difference. You can save a few $ ordering from overseas but they're currently fairly cheap domestically (about $22 from PartsExpress, $25 from Amazon + free...
  2. iankasley

Were you able to measure the coils yourself? I know Stanton's published specs on these carts have been wildly inconsistent depending on where you look them up. I'm curious if they're actually anywhere in the ballpark of the 860 mH / 830 Ohms DCR that Stanton claims, or if those numbers were just...
  3. iankasley

FYI, VWestlife did a review of the Stanton 750 a while back, (aka "CT-554", which I believe is just All Electronics' catalog number, not an official Stanton designation) and he may have linked to it earlier in this thread but I'm too lazy to go digging through 52 pages of posts to find out at...
  4. iankasley

Actually, here's another listing that doesn't have the logo blurred out... and it's just "BUM" written sideways on the front. Also some images of it branded "Rekordbox" as well. This is the first listing I've seen so far that actually refers to it with a model number, calling it the "BUM-M1"...
  5. iankasley

FWIW, here's a listing for one that at first glance made me think "Grado Prestige clone" due to the rectangular inset design (apparently with some sort of indistinct or blurred out branding or logo) of the front of the stylus. Though it seems to just be a variation on the one vwestlife posted...
  6. iankasley

Parts of it do kind of resemble the AT3600L, but it could also be another entry into the new crop of Chinese eBay/AliExpress mystery cartridges that have been popping up over the past year or so, many (if not all) of which I suspect may be based on the Chuo Denshi MG-09 generator or some clone...
  7. iankasley

I'm curious if anyone knows why Pfanstiehl makes 2 different 0.6 mil conical stylii for the 3600 / CN5625AL / AT91 body. The 4211-D6 specs say VTF should be between 1.5 - 3.5 grams, whereas the 4211-D6T says 1.5 - 2.5 grams. What would the advantage of the 4211-D6T be over the slightly wider...
  8. iankasley

I assume what you're trying to say here is to compare the stock CF stylus to the same body with an aluminum cantilever stylus? I believe I have at least one older production Japan-made 3600 body somewhere in my collection. I don't recall thinking it sounded different, but I'll probably dig it...
  9. iankasley

Well, I don't think anyone was claiming that the stock stylus was the be-all, end-all. It's a mass-produced product built to a price point. Which Pfanstiehl stylus are you using on yours? I have a Pfanstiehl 4211-DE that I picked up from Voice of Music for mine, it does give a bit more detail...
  10. iankasley

Well, it's based in part on the Fletcher-Munson equal loudness curve, as well as a preference among some listeners for exaggerated boom and sizzle at the ends of the audio spectrum. (my teenage self resembled this remark...) But also on the sort of EQ voodoo many of us resorted to in order to...
  11. iankasley

Oh you can certainly pay $65 for one if you want... No, I was referring to the MG-09 / GrooveTool carts. I was saying that the tonal balance reminds me of that sort of "smiley face curve" that I recall many people with sub-par speakers (my younger self included!) would set their graphic...
  12. iankasley

They almost seem like apples and oranges to me, they're voiced rather differently. The Numark GrooveTool (aka Chuo-Denshi MG-09, Sanyo/Fisher MG-09, Ion iCT04, etc. etc.) tends to be a much brighter cartridge then the AT3600L, and has something of a 1980's-esque "smiley" or "v-shaped" EQ sort of...
  13. iankasley

The Surgeon of the Nightsky Restores Dead Things by the Power of Sound

The Surgeon of the Nightsky Restores Dead Things by the Power of Sound
  14. iankasley

Not sure who others have ordered theirs from, I think there may have been some mentions earlier in the thread, but my most recent purchase was from eBay user "jianjianstore" and it included the plastic box. Took about 3 weeks to arrive in Virginia from Shenzhen. Just ordered another two from the...
  15. iankasley

Quick followup regarding my latest experience having one of these cartridges shipped to the US via SpeedPak: As mentioned previously I placed an order on 1/8/2019 with Hong Kong-based seller "jianjianstore" whose listing indicated shipping via ePacket, but after the order was placed it...
Back
Top Bottom