Recent content by jayvis

1. jayvis

My brother forced me to purchase a smartphone.

My wife is the only user of a smart phone in our house. I use a simple Tracfone when fishing or traveling by myself. I'm probably one of the few who still enjoys seeing what's ahead of me while walking and I'm not tall enough to compromise good posture.
  2. jayvis

This Shit Jams

Obviously, a Marketing professional who should have read this first.
  3. jayvis

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

I grew up driving manual transmission vehicles and have owned/driven quite a few MT sports cars. None of them had the overall performance of today's automatics, and I'm not talking about CVTs. It's a different driving dynamic that can take time for MT fans to really appreciate and utilize their...
  4. jayvis

New integrated needed....

I have the first version of the Rotel RA-1572 in my second system and it's a reliable and good performer. You might want to add the Yamaha A-S1200 to your list of possibilities if you don't need any digital inputs. If you want to explore class D amplification and built-in streaming, the...
  5. jayvis

How "analog" can digital music sound?

Yeah, all of my vinyl albums talk to me before the stylus even touches them. Not sure why I even need a turntable. :rolleyes:
  6. jayvis

McIntosh MCD201 SACD/CD Player Lumin T3 streamer Streaming Tidal HiFi Plus
  7. jayvis

Sub-$1000 Headphone Nirvanics: Focal Elear vs Hifiman Sundara

I'm not a big headphone user and I've had my Focal Elears for about 4 years now. Got them when they were on closeout for $599 which I found to be a bargain compared to others that I tried at the time. I think Focal currently builds some of the best headphones in the world. Not cheap but their...
  8. jayvis

With my current system, I've found streaming to sound superior to my vinyl and CDs. The source components are important and right now my streamer reigns supreme.
  9. jayvis

No atmos sound from Samsung 8500

HDMI 2.0 and HDMI 1.3 cables support Dolby Atmos.
  10. jayvis

Return of the Western? Upcoming Westerns (tv/movies) 2023-2024

This thread kickstarted my favorite Western movies memory. There are many, but Hombre stands out to me as a Western masterpiece that had a fairly simple plot and an underrated cast other than Paul Newman. Newman's minimal dialogue in the film was handled masterfully, much like Charles Bronson's...
  11. jayvis

what gin for a great gin and tonic???

I don't think that there's anything very complex about the taste of any gin and that's probably why I don't drink it. But the ones that do, have their choice of Fleischmann's or Seagram's at my house without any complaints.
  12. jayvis

Fun Factoid Of The Day

All plumbers have cracks.
Back
Top Bottom