Recent content by jazzwolf

1. jazzwolf

Help Please! JICO SAS Arrived and Won't Fit...

I've dealt with LPGEAR several times and have emailed them. Sometimes it takes 24 hours for them to respond. I've never had an issue with them at all.
  2. jazzwolf

Help me pick a phono preamp!

It is DEFINITELY the Receiver. I had the same receiver about 6 years ago and gave it away because of the same issue. It wasn't sibilance but a hiss. It was freaking annoying. It happened with any turntable and cartridge I put on it. The person I gave it to doesn't have a turntable but a CD...
  3. jazzwolf

Music Hall 2.1 Can This Be Repaired? Or Is It Scrap.

I would pass on that. Looks like that turntable has seen a lot of abuse. Starting bid is 79.99?! That's not worth it.
  4. jazzwolf

Record Store Day 2015 Purchases/Listening

I picked up Jethro Tull's Live at Carnegie Hall 1970 and Grandmaster Flash/Stiff Little Fingers "The Message". Jethro Tull is what I really wanted.
  5. jazzwolf

Pro-Ject, Music Hall cables.

I just replaced the cable that came with my Music Hall MMF 5.1 because I started hearing a buzzing sound. The new cables made a heck of a difference and it brings out the best of the Magic 3 cartridge that came with the turntable
  6. jazzwolf

What's your cleaning regiment before you listen?

If it's a record that I just bought, then I clean it on my VPI RCM. I clean it whether it is new or used. If it's a record that I've cleaned before then I pass a Carbon Fiber brush over it.
  7. jazzwolf

phono cable suggestions?

So I bought a phono cable from a seller on the bay that makes them and what a difference!! Much better than the stock cable that came with the MH MMF 5.1. The sound is fuller and it brings out the best of the Magic 3 cartridge.
  8. jazzwolf

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Kiss ~ psycho circus
  9. jazzwolf

phono cable suggestions?

Yes, the Music Hall 5.1 allows me to plug in any phono cables.
  10. jazzwolf

phono cable suggestions?

I heard a hum even though the ground wire was connected. I moved the actual audio cable and it stopped so there must be something wrong with the actual cable instead of the ground wire. I figured I should change it out
  11. jazzwolf

phono cable suggestions?

I have a Music Hall 5.1 and am thinking of replacing the stock phono cables that came with it. Any Suggestions? I'm playing it through a Marantz PM5004 Integrated Amp
  12. jazzwolf

Sherwood RX-4109 Receiver

I've had the 4109 for over 2 years and it's been a nice little workhorse and I've never had any of the problems that I've read online. For under a hundred dollars I don't know of any receiver that can give you the value and it even has a phono preamp. I don't think it's really 105wpc because I...
  13. jazzwolf

I have ordered a Pioneer PLX-1000 direct drive turntable.....

I'm really looking forward to the review. I definitely don't need another turntable but I would love to see another decent direct drive turntable out there.
  14. jazzwolf

Anyone have the Music Hall MMF-5.1?

I would get the Music Hall. The arm is much better as it uses the arm that used to be on the Music Hall MMF 7. You can upgrade the 2.2 up to a certain point but it won't be a 5.1, The 5.1 comes with a Magic 3 cartridge which is a rebadged Ortofon 520 mkII which is superior to the music tracker...
  15. jazzwolf

Anyone have the Music Hall MMF-5.1?

I have the 5.1 and love it! The felt pad is terrible, I replaced the platter with the acrylic platter and it made a HUGE difference in sound! I also added on the speed box from Pro-ject because I didn't want to deal with changing belt size if I want to play 45's. I don't think you will be...
Back
Top Bottom