Recent content by JBD1

1. J

bluetooth for vintage

I use AKSONIC BRX01 with my Marantz. Works great for my needs. I got it on Amazon for less than $100
  2. J

Vintage Marantz speakers

I bought a 2285 receiver and Imperial 7 speakers new in 1977. I still have them but like my JBL 4311 better. I also have a pair of Klipsch KG4s that do not sound as good as the Marantz to me.
  3. J

KG4 PROBLEM

Thanks for the advice. I will be doing everything suggested.
  4. J

KG4 PROBLEM

I started listening to my kg4's again. I'm using my Marantz 2285 for power. After listening to them for a few hours a day for a week they started sounding not clear, distorted. The horns sound ok but the drivers are off. Any ideas? Is it time for new crossovers?
  5. J

Wharfedale W70D

I'm thinking about getting a pair of Wharfedale w70ds. Where do they fit in the speaker world? Opinions please
  6. J

Wharfedale W70D

Thinking about getting a pair of Wharfedale w70d. There is a pair for sale near me. What are your opinions on them. Where do they fall in the speaker world?
  7. J

Marantz Service in SF Bay Area

Check out member Robisme.
  8. J

Expert Sansui Tech in SF Bay Area?

Check with Robisme.
  9. J

Finally started the E-Waves. Some questions.

The biggest question is how do they sound? Can you compare them with any of your other speakers? Looks like a great side project for you.
  10. J

SF Bay Area Techs?

I have had Robisme do some repairs very satisfied with the results, check him out
  11. J

2325 vs. 2285

My 2285 was tested at 105 watts
  12. J

Speaker Advice

I have a Marantz 2285 with a Duel CS 704. I use a pair of Imperial 7s and JBL 4311s. I like the sound of the Imperial 7s and the JBLs are very similar in sound but a few steps up in sound quality. What ever you do try to listen to the speakers before buying.
  13. J

Speakers Recommendations for my Marantz 2285B

I have a 2285 and use Marantz Imperial 7 or JBL 4311 speakers.
  14. J

Which Marantz Receiver do people feel is "Best?"

I have a 2285 & 2265b. The 2285 is much better sounding.
  15. J

speaker choices and reviews frustrating!

In my garage I'm using a Marantz 2265b with a pair of Klipsch Kg4s and a pair of Marantz Imperial 7s. For me the Kg4s sound muddy with no depth and very underwhelming compaired to the Imperial 7s. So for me I would go with anything other then Kg4s.
Back
Top Bottom