Recent content by jdwdmi

1. jdwdmi

Altec Model 14 and JBL C40 Comparison

I have been a happy owner of JBL C40 for some time. I have found locally a pair of Altec Model 14’s. I have never heard a pair of any Altecs but they are on the list. I don’t have room for both and not really looking to tackle a project unless it’s really worth it. The owner is now deceased...
  2. jdwdmi

Matching Turntable to Phono Input

How did you like your Planar 3? It looks like there are two factory options for cartridges.
  3. jdwdmi

I purchased my amp off EBay, boxes from Audio Classics, walnut case shipped separately...I received it with broken face and internal repairs were needed. Some people have great experiences with EBay. Unless local I will be buying new to avoid any problems.
  4. jdwdmi

Suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. I have a local dealer for U-Turn. I will have to audition them.
  5. jdwdmi

Gadget73, thanks for the spec.
  6. jdwdmi

Thanks again all for helping an amateur!
  7. jdwdmi

Will my amp handle most all MM cartridge? I will find the specs for the input.
  8. jdwdmi

I will have to find out what my Phono input gain is capable of, that is a factor I was not aware of. I was leaning toward new. Only been looking for a couple weeks. Looks like the Rega 3 and the Pro-Ject X2 is in my range. I have never heard of Sota but will check them out. The Technical...
  9. jdwdmi

I appreciate you posting that link, it was very helpful. I will be getting a MM outboard phono is not in the budget now.
  10. jdwdmi

I’m ready to take the leap into vinyl. I’ve been into audio for 20 years or so and have only used digital sources. I will be using a McIntosh MA6200, my budget is around $1500 for a turntable. What do I need to look for to make sure the turntable will be compatible with my amps phono input?
  11. jdwdmi

McIntosh MA6200 lights vs LED

Thanks for the quick reply!! I would need 4 bulbs. Are the two green and two red all the same bulb? If so what voltage would it be? Are they the 14v or the .08a version in the link you posted?
  12. jdwdmi

McIntosh MA6200 lights vs LED

Anyone have a part number for the 4 factory bulbs in the power guard? I just had LED’s installed, except those. Trying to source some incandescents.
  13. jdwdmi

McIntosh MA5100 Owners?

Thanks Caddy and I appreciate your input! You are always willing to help. It will be a few weeks before I receive it. The seller agreed to buy a shipping box from Mcintosh and ship the walnut cabinet separately. Shipping will be delayed but glad it should arrive safe. This is my secondary...
  14. jdwdmi

McIntosh MA5100 Owners?

I’m not looking to open the whole interconnect debate, just curious what some have used. I will look for the shortest ones possible and start there I suppose.
Back
Top Bottom