Recent content by Jeff K

1. Jeff K

Grado Laboratory Series Turntable - Looking for Manual

I had one for a while when I was young and stupid. Sold it and bought a PL12D. They have two motors and a large flywheel inside. Grado sent me a manual upon request, but I no longer have it.
  2. Jeff K

RIP Rick Craig. Selah Audio

I read a lot of his posts on the old Madisound forum and got to meet him at the AK show in '07 (I think). Was very impressed with his work and had him build the speakers I still have and love. He delivered them personally and we spent some time listening. Great guy and gentleman. RIP, Rick.
  3. Jeff K

Klipsch, love em or hate em?

Hilarious and excellent. Would love to see this posted at the ASR forum.
  4. Jeff K

We having a A.R. 94 SX speaker need suggestions for a replacement tweeter

Thought for sure you'd get some advice here. Replying to give you a bump.
  5. Jeff K

Rehabbing AR 94SX speaker need tweeter replacement

You're likely to get a lot more help in the "Speakers" forum than here in the Klipsch Korner.
  6. Jeff K

Jig or Protractor?

For me, jig then verify/fine tune with an arc protractor. The arc protractor will reveal the slightest overhang error.
  7. Jeff K

Oh no! My brand new Schiit Modius is a piece of sh....

AFAIK, the Modius is their best, measurement-wise.
  8. Jeff K

ARs never seen in wild

Pretty sure there is zero AR DNA in that box.
  9. Jeff K

Re: Our New Amazing Micro Acoustics Stratus Cartridges From Ebay

Very little surface noise, but it's a low hour oem. My only issue is one channel is down a few db. I'm guessing it's related to the 40 year old internal damping blocks.
  10. Jeff K

Technics SL-D303 Works, But Clicks.

If you register at vinylengine.com, you can download a service manual for that tt in their library.
  11. Jeff K

Internal Speaker Wire.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-the-ps-audio-stellar-gain-cell-dac.9273/ https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-ps-audio-perfectwave-directstream-dac.9100/ Not a lot of credibility, imo.
  12. Jeff K

Dual 510

I had one back in college purchased new. Very nice tt with a great arm. Super low bearing friction with no perceptible play. I loved it until it developed a hum that I was too stupid to eliminate at the time. That led to be getting rid of it. (A mistake)
  13. Jeff K

Is it possible to even out coil misbalance on MA 282 e ?

Channel imbalance seems to be fairly common in the MA electrets. I tend to think it’s part of their aging process.
  14. Jeff K

Audiophile digital scales

I have an old Shure SFG2. The first time I placed a MC (OC9 Mlii) on it, it sucked the body right up against the beam. Luckily the cantilever wasn’t damaged.
  15. Jeff K

Modi 3+ vs. Modius

If you haven’t seen this, here are a couple of thorough reviews followed by discussion. Big fan of my Modius. Haven’t heard Modi 3+. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/schiit-modius-balanced-dac-review.13769/#post-419134...
Back
Top Bottom