Recent content by jhucx30

1. jhucx30

Analog Ethos Legendarium 2A3 SET kit

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm considering building a 2A3 amp. @theflattire are you still using and enjoying the Legendarium? I'm very tempted to take a crack at it. Looks great.
  2. jhucx30

AkitikA GT-102 Z4 Power Amp Kit Build

After the power came back on had a decent chance to listen. Not much critical listening yet but I'm extremely pleased with what I am hearing!
  3. jhucx30

Here lately an Elekit TU-8600 and a TU-8850. Both were kit builds and sound amazing to my ears. Especially the TU-8600S. I Kept the GT-108 running most of the day while I was doing stuff around the house yesterday. No real critical listening. This morning I sat down to listen with coffee...
  4. jhucx30

Finally finished up the GT-108 today and am now listening with my Zu Soul VI. Sounding good so far!! Will be interested to see how this develops as my ears adjust. I've been running tube amps so this is a different but very nice sound.
  5. jhucx30

Don't have any photos of the power supply for some reason but here is the first amp board.
  6. jhucx30

Yes power supply was completed first. It did have the monolithic bridge rectifier.
  7. jhucx30

Finally finished the first amp board. Getting closer. Fun build so far.
  8. jhucx30

Thanks. That was very helpful. Appreciate the education. Always learning.
  9. jhucx30

I do understand that concept but definitely used the wrong terminology. By lesser I only meant numerically. Sorry about that. But back to the point of the 104 vs 108 - was I correct that the 108 would not be suitable for a 4 ohm load due to heat dissipation? Most commercial amps on the...
  10. jhucx30

Forgive me as I'm trying to follow the logic here. I'm an admitted hack when it comes to much of the science so thank you for bearing with me. So as I understand it, the point is, a GT-104 can handle greater loads (eg. 8 ohm) with a reduced output wattage, but the 108 cannot handle lesser...
  11. jhucx30

Oh interesting! I didn't even consider the 104 for my 8 ohm speakers due to the difference in the power supply. I'm curious if the 104 can serve 8 ohm loads why Akitka made both kits? Any ideas or insights on that?
  12. jhucx30

Now you are making me want to build the pre and I haven't even finished the amp yet lol. I'm currently using a Schiit Freya S which is a solid little preamp with some great features but interested to try others as well. The Akitika Pre looks like another fun project for sure.
  13. jhucx30

Indeed! Fun build so far. I've built a couple of Elekit Tube amps, and a First Watt Aleph J clone. Also done repair/restore work on vintage amps as well. This is by far the most components I've had to solder. I'm going slow and enjoying the process though. My biggest challenge so far is...
  14. jhucx30

I am in the process of building a GT-108. Looking forward to running it through it's paces. The amp boards are DENSE. I'm only about halfway through the first board. I'm looking forward to doing the mechanical assembly. Just curious, has anyone upgraded the speaker terminals or RCA jacks?
  15. jhucx30

Realistic STA-2100D Weak Right Channel in Aux

Ok so more detective work. I took the mono / loudness / dolby / etc switch board out and immediately found the problem. Someone previously had hot wired the tuner board at junction 15 directly to the mono switch. As soon as I disconnected that strange connection, the aux/phono/tape mon inputs...
Back
Top Bottom