Recent content by jking

1. J

Yaqin MC100B Stock tubes VS rolling

tubs fro the Yaqin 100 I use the Tube store preferred series KT88 they sound good in my system. Also have a 6 month warranty.The are the same as the Pentas Witch I also use. I would change the 12AX7. The 6n8p,(to 6ns7). As for the 12AX7, 5751 are a good choice.Any of the new 12Ax7 should work...
  2. J

Does a power conditioner Monster HTS-3600 help with sound??

The two amps that the fan has hit are a Dayton 500 watt sub plate amp and a Yaqin Mc100 B. The sub amp was hit by a big spike from the fan. It took out a 8 amp and a 7 amp fuse and # 53 resistor. Fried all of them. This was a big spike. I'm sure the Dayton has a good power supply it was designed...
  3. J

Does a power conditioner Monster HTS-3600 help with sound??

Monster HTPS 7000 MKll, Oneac I have the Monster HTPS 7000 MK ll, which has dual isolation transformers on my system. All of my components are hooked up to it with no problems ( tube amp, pre amp,cd, turntable). As far as sound, it did improve . Also took out that nasty POPPING from the over...
  4. J

Yaqin MC-10L mk II: It's here!

Yaqin MC 100B I have owned this amp for over 5 years now. It is in my oppinion one of the best values in audio today. A true dual mono intergated, as well as a power amp. Can be switched between triod and ultraliner. As for the sound WOW!!! I am useing the Tube Store's KT 88 in it and their...
  5. J

Yaqin 10L or 100B?

Mc 100b Trannies ?? Holst, That is strange that your MC 100B dose not have two power transformers. Mine has two power and two output transformers. A true dual mono amp. Good Day.
  6. J

Surge Protection -- has your equipment been saved?

I have a 20 amp dedicated split duplex in my music room. The top is for amp,cd and turntable.The bottom of the duplex is for the sub-woofer.The main system is connected to a APC H-10 power conditioner. The sub was connected to a Tripplite Isoblock 600 Jules surge protector. I turned off the...
  7. J

Best cartridge under 100$

I just purchased the Sumiko Pearl. And I must say that after only 10 hrs on it, WOW !!! My last two carts were the AT 440 MLA, Shure M97 XE. Out of the three, I find the Pearl to be the best sounding. It fits right inbetween the two, not overly bright like the AT 440 or rolled of like the Shure...
  8. J

What model (Hitachi?) is the rebadged Realistic LAB 400?

Mcs 6500 That PS-48 looks vary close to my MCS 6500.Except the strobe is in a different place.Could the mcs be a Hitchi/CES ? Thanks.
  9. J

DIY record cleaning solution.

I use the same formula also with the drop of Dawn. Also I use cotton wash cloths.The key is to wash them a few times at first to get out most of the lint. One other thing I do is use a synthetic paint brush to scrub the disc first. Works great and the cotton absorbs all the nastiest. Been doing...
  10. J

Chinese mono tube amp options?

I no that this is not a mono amp per se. But I recommended the Yaqin MC-100B. As it is a dual mono amp and is well built and sounds great especially in triode. I have thoroughly enjoyed mine these last three years. Good Day.
  11. J

Yaqin MS-300B

My Yaqin 100- MC B runs at 115 volts. My ac is 120 volts stable with my avr on. no problems.
  12. J

Wall voltage

I used to have bad fluctuations on my ac line, up and down all the time. Last summer my AVR shut down twice. I purchased a Oneac isolation transformer for a problem I was having at the time. To my surprise, the transformer keeps my ac right between 110 and 120 at all times. Even in the hot weather.
  13. J

Yaqin Tube Amplifiers - Fun for Anyone ???

Yaqin Amps I highly recommend the MC 100-B. I purchased one back in November of last year and am vary pleased with it. They are nicely built with huge transformers. Any way I'm running the reissue of the golden lion and oh boy dose this amp sing. All for $700.00.Good...
  14. J

Tung-sol 6L6G new production

Tung -sol 6l6 coke bottle reissue. I have them and I like them a lout.They have great mids and full range. I don't need them any more . So they just sit. I like them better than the Valve art KT- 66 I have. Joe.
  15. J

YAQIN MS-12B Tube preamp w/Phono

Yaqin I have the MC -100B.Duel mono amp/ integrated. It has 4 KT-88s, 4 6sn7, 2 12ax7 is 30 Watts triode and 60 ultra.It is a grate amp built like a tank(60lbs) and sounds wonderful.All this for $ 700.00.You a lot for the $$$. Good Day.
Back
Top Bottom